Zooey Deschanel

Sues Shoemaker

for $2 Mil

12/17/2010 9:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Zooey Deschanel is suing popular shoemaker Steve Madden for a whopping $2,000,000 -- claiming the company stiffed her completely over an endorsement deal she made with them in August 2010.

1217_zooey_deschanel_GETTY_EX
According to a lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court, Deschanel and SM made the $2 million deal ... but Madden came back to Deschanel saying they couldn't get retailers to back the deal, so they re-negotiated for $1.5 mil.

Zooey says she held up her end of the deal -- including turning down other deals -- but Madden never forked over the $1.5 mil.  Deschanel also claims SM promised her a percentage of the profits as well -- if sales reached a certain level.

Calls to Steve Madden were not returned

jf

Funny how some people assume somebody is a nobody when that person nver went to prison or detox or never had a messy divorce...

Ignorant imbeciles...

Good luck to you Zooey

me

She was in ELF.That movie is awesome.

sahouly

seriously, who the hell is zooey whatever

Morons

You guys are a bunch of idiots. How do you not know who Zooey is? Crawl out from under your rock. She's a singer, model, and actress. Have you never heard of 500 Days of Summer, The Happening, Yes Man, or Elf???!!
She's married to the guy from Death Cab for Cutie. She's famous, just not an A lister...so stfu.

You're all ****ing stupid Zooey's actually a talented actress singer. Get your head out of Lindsey Lohan's ass long enough to find out about some real talent

MikeP

"Funny how some people assume somebody is a nobody when that person never went to prison or detox or never had a messy divorce...

Ignorant imbeciles..."

EXACTLY RIGHT
She is a "major" star, and she is brilliant. Maybe that's why she was offered a 2 million dollar endorsement deal? And she has the most beautiful eyes.

It's so funny that morons, take time out to prove that that are morons.

Wallycrawler

Man I wanna bang her!

Olivia

I have been boycotting Steve Madden for 4 years now because 4 years ago I bought a pair of shoes at Northpark Mall in Dallas, went to a movie, thought I should make sure they fit - on the carpeted floor at the theater (after the movie) - they were too big. So I went back to the store with my receipt (three hours after first buying them) - saw the same sales girl I just bought them from - and they refused to take them back. I asked for even just a store credit and they refused. Even the manager said - all sales are final. I said, I've worked retail before and I know that exceptions can be made - switch out for another style - what's the big deal? Terrible customer service - and crappy shoes that are not true to size. FU Steve Madden. Go Zooey!

Phillip

Her sister is a piece... The few times I watched Bones was to
see her hot sister Emily.

Misty

some of these idiots have it wrong, Zooey is the famous one, in my opinion, her sister is the one that is becoming big because of Zooey. love them both though =D

i guess i'm the only one who has seen (500) days of summer XD

kick ass Zooey!!

Lauren

I know Zooey better than Emily. Zooey was in (500) Days of Summer with Joseph Gordon Levitt ... if that helps anyone.

Criss

I'm surprised how many posts there are here from people claiming they have no idea who she is. Almost sounds like the same kids who post on imdb.

julie

That isn't very hipster of her. eyeroll. If the deal fell through and she didn't actually do anything.... why does she need money?

Andrea

I would like to see Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry in movie about sisters.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3