Ne-Yo:

MJ Album a Travesty

12/20/2010 11:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ne-Yo is staging a one-man boycott of the new Michael Jackson album -- telling us he doesn't want to listen to it because he doesn't think MJ would have EVER wanted it to be released.
122010_nee_yo_v2_still

The singer/songwriter/producer was in NY this weekend -- where he explained MJ was such a perfectionist, "If Michael was still alive ... I don't think the album would be out yet."

He added, "I'm gonna stick to my old Mike."

mymjj5

THANKS MiMi

That's what I'm talking about!!!! Even though it all appears to be simply re-releases as MJ stated he would provide to sony and then he's a free agent>>>>> Old music and two new songs. In 2009 Sony was to release the rights to MJ's recordings over to him. We all know how that went down......
AGAIN...THANK YOU!!!

r.schildt

With Sony it was the fine print..he would have been released Jyly 2009, and hoops! he just happens to die just a week or two before.
Michael was supporting most of his very extended family, a small army of attorneys, charities etc., etc.All these people do
not want to lose their source of income , so ..whatever will
bring in money and controversy is goood.

mymjj5

I'm gonna let Branca off the hook with my previous statement and rephrase it:

The more I read after MJ's passing, makes me think "Sony" has double crossed and stabbed Michael in the back even in death with Branca's approval!

mymjj5

Michael was supporting most of his very extended family
______________________________________________________________
We know MJ was supporting his parents by their own admission ......whom else in the Jackson family was MJ supporting? Please provide proof....thanks

MiMi

MiMi

DB

stuff a stocking in it...

r.schildt

He channelled the money via his mother.The Encino compound went into debt for various unpaid bills while Michael was out of the US. He was also the owner of that property where his extended fa
mily lived.
Answer to mymjj5.

Strunz28

I'm with Ne-Yo. There is no way I will buy that album..."Breaking News" is not Michael Jackson and to sell it like it is is disgusting.

Cathy

Michael was supporting most of his very extended family
______________________________________________________________

Posted at 3:41 PM on Dec 20, 2010 by mymjj5
_____________________________________________

I agree with mymjj5 - I would also like to know where the proof is that Michael was financially supporting members of the Jackson family other than Katherine (and Joe via Katherine).

Everyone knows that Michael has long owned the house on Hayvenhurst Avenue, so I guess you can argue that anyone living there at any point in time was indirectly being supported by him. There's a continual implication on these boards though, that Michael was giving members of the family (other than his parents) money in a direct form. Where is the proof of this? From everything I've read over the years, Michael has never once supported any of his three sisters financially, and I've yet to see any convincing proof that he's given Marlon, Jackie, Tito, or even Jermaine money in the last 20 years. Was he supporting Randy financially? Randy was the webmaster of Michael's website for a while, so if Michael's company compensated him for his work, does that count???

There's certainly evidence that Michael gave 3T moral support by appearing on their first album, but did he give them money?? He must have been fond of the three of them (they are the secondary beneficiaries in his will - if anything happens to Prince, Paris, and Blanket such as all being killed in a plane crash - then 3T inherits Michael's estate), but where is the evidence that he was supporting them financially during his lifetime?

The way these people live, I find it hard to believe that Katherine took her monthly allowance from Michael and spread it out among everyone in the family. It seems clear that she was giving Joe money all that time (and that Michael knew about it), but it'd be pretty hard to spread it out among everyone considering the vastness of the clan.

I don't see any evidence that a) Michael supported everyone in the family or b) that everyone in the family has sat on their asses and not worked for the past 20 years. Certainly none of them have been as successful as Michael, but every single sibling has been doing their own thing over the past couple of decades. Even Jermaine has been hustling - why would he bother if Michael supported him? Apparently Jermaine hasn't used any of the money he got from his various gigs to support his children, but it's not like he's been doing nothing in terms of work. I think the notion that Michael gave everyone in the family money all these years is a greatly exaggerated one.

rhonda

hey billy, michael was about making things better for the children not abusing them.he has been that way all his life if you paid attention to his life you would know that. also yo,ne-yo.michael may have been a perfectionist about his music,but he also was all about pleasing his fans.so if you are one of them quit with all the negativity and enjoy his beautiful music and yes it is all michael on his new cd.

Daphne

Please leave the fans alone. If u don't wanna buy it, don't, but we do. In fact, I just bought another one. MJ rocks.

Daphne

Posted at 4:13 PM on Dec 20, 2010 by rhonda

I totally agree with u. Can't wait to hear more, whether its remastered or re-released. Whatever, I look forward to buying more albums to add to my MJ collection. BTW, Calgary newspapers said that the word "whatever" is the most annoying word in the English language. LOL.

nan

someone in the dark...nice video choice phantom :)

kim

I love this new cd. At first I was wondering what we were going to get without Michael still here, but quite frankly this cd turned out good even without his final say on it. This is going to happen no matter how many people boycott, scream, fight, yell whatever. You have the biggest, greatest entertainer that ever walked this earth that has unreleased music in the vaults. What, does people think they are just going to leave it there? No way. that is not going to happen. Their is lots of fans that want to hear some new stuff from him whether it be just demos or the stuff like the Michael cd. I personally wish they will be out some of these as demos also. Hopefully they will.

And as for the ones boycotting sony b/c of the new cd and say they will buy 10x his old stuff. Since his old stuff is still under contract with them also, wouldn't that still be supporting sony too? Than that would defeat the purpose of boycotting sony than right? they would still be making money off of him. Call me crazy but this boycotting sony stuff just seems to contradict itself. And I am not trying to start a argument with anyone that is boycotting sony but i just do not understand the boycott of not wanting sony to make any money off of him but they still will be doing just that with the older stuff.

Like I said, if you are boycotting Sony do not take what I said personally. I am just expressing a opinion of something that I am not understanding about this boycott.

A ton of people miss this great man and want to hear and see some new stuff from him. At least I know that I do.

RIP MJ - YOU ARE TRULY MISSED AND WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN