Mariel Hemingway Targeted in Pit Bull Probe

12/26/2010 5:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Actress Mariel Hemingway -- Ernest's granddaughter -- could lose her dog ... because according to Animal Control officials, her pooch went on the attack recently ... and sent two people to the hospital.

1217_mariel_TMZ_EX_01
A rep for Animal Control tells TMZ, the attack went down last week near Mariel's L.A. home -- her pit bull went after another dog and two humans, who were immediately sent to the hospital with serious puncture wounds.

Animal Control tells us, they're currently investigating the incident -- but for the meantime, Mariel's pit bull will be placed in quarantine.

Calls to Mariel -- famous for her role in Woody Allen's "Manhattan" -- haven't been returned.

Y do he got

Mussel with open mouth and teeth placed right on my junk from a full run on stuart beach reaction no one hurt.DUMB people use thier dogs as weapons..I feel sorry for the dogs but those people should=be in jail for endangerment what if your child got eaten by thier weapon dagger dog`ss.Paper route in the 1960...`s dodged a million dogs but those type of owners always skipped out on thier bills and let thier dogs run untill they hurt or killed a paper route worker 50 years of dumb pet owners whom should be put down for letting thier mutts run=SS ha ha ha it`s all good clean fun to them so court room dirt upps are a given for actor`ss who think thier smit don`t stink.Full half mile run right into my junk with it`s mouth...a 80 pound full grown trained dog but I didn`t over react at 50 plus years old.. I could have just twisted it`s head off but it was`nt the dog`s fault and it was just a happy go lucky doggy but still!my junk was one inch from being dinner.

H

F*CK you TMZ for contributing to the News Media tirade agains PitBulls.

It's the news media like you who contribute to their bad rep.

How many News stories do you see about other types of dogs who also attack and bite people. I was bitten by a Golden Retriever and lost feeling in my lower arm for 4 months because he hit a nerve.

But that wouldn't be a news story? Only if the word "pitbull" is included does it become news.

And too many uninformed people who follow the "news" become jaded and ignorant and judgemental.

Ridiculous.

Thanks for sending up a flag for my belief in the accuracy of your reporting from this story forward.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Put the dog down. If a dangerous dog attacks, it needs to be put down. ZERO tolerance.

Pit Bulls have killed and maimed hundreds of children (even adults!) This is no joke.

papprorattist

Yes any dog cat or pet can bit but it`s the fault of the owner.But pits have huge jaws and sharp teeth and if one bit you in the arm it could have taken off your arm just like the rotts they are bred to fight and most are loaded up on roids by dog farms.If you needed a bear dog it would be to small..up north and in bear areas most owners have two bear dogs and many are over 200 pounds but are better trained and are`nt on roids in most cases.I have seen all kinds of dogs but I have never seen a trainible pit and even thier owners can`t trust them in many cases.Yea get a snake or a pit and keep it around your baby and see if you don`t go to jail after it eats your brat.Yes hunting dogs are for hunting but most don`t crush bone when they bite like pits can rotts are the worst and I have seen fullt trained cop rotts go nuts and try to kill everything in sight.If there is only one pit and it attacts you can lift they by thier back legs and hold them up in the air and they can`t do much but if you go for thier neck you will get your arm eaten off along with your hands if your going to hand defend your self in a death battle with a pit or rott stick your hand and arm down it`s throat and it will die from lack of air and you have live if there are two pits you are dead eaten alive.Unless you sling them off by the back legs.Pits are banned in most citys for a reason bad records of actions just as you would`nt have a big snake or BIG CAT with your baby why would you pick a danger dog other than power..DOG DON~T BITE PEOPLE DO get a family dog or live with the bears and see if they don`t eat YOU if they don`t defend yourself better yet get a pet bear and get sent to jail for life when it eats your wife.

Y do he got

REwrite softwear^^^ horsed yea get a PET BEAR they are more trainible or a HUGE SNAKE and move to the trailer park untill it eats your baby and you go to jail.NO one has the right to endanger others with thier banned pest pets.No dog with a bone crushing jaw is allowed in most citys no matter what breed you are talking about.The pits jaw and teeth are about for times bigger wider and sharper for only one reason breeding to fight and kill each other.There is no other breed with a bone crushing jaw other than the pit that can be owned in any city.IF you lovs pits so much move to the county farms and ranches and see if you can train the killer pit not to kill..never!.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

PitBullLover - Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. :( There are definitely some wonderful (non-violent) Pit Bulls out there!

papprorattist

Pit`s are banned in most citys for just this reason.Rots are the most powerful killers other than huge bear dogs.If you got bit by a pit and did`nt lose a arm or hand you are lucky.Been bit in the neck by a springer that near got my wind pipe I drew back at the last sec been bit in the legs by junk yard dogs all as a kid and dodged a million dogs to do my paper route.Seen dogs and owners shot to death even when thier dogs were fenced and properly taken care of due to raceism and hate.Never seen any pit I could trust even at the beach where everyone else`s dogs are playing in the sand dog`s of all breeds and people of all races.NEVER SEEN a tame PIT that won`t bite when it`s PO`ed.Maybe if the breed was`nt farmed and roided they could recover and be breed with tamer breds but than is`nt happening as thier owners put chains and kill trainings on them.Seen pits in twos rip other dogs in two.Get a toy in the city or move where your beloved PIT can live safer and alone.

Y do he got

It isn`t about her pit it`s about her..her dog is her power trip she can bite those biting at her.She never made it and lives in the shadows so she gets a dog that does her talking for her to get press and to show her power.I know her personally and she doe`s dirty deeds for dimes on me since high school 40 years ago.What TF other kind of dog would this nut job have?.She is not the writer is old and washed up thusly bite you via her dog she slings the dirtest dirt in court rooms for mobsters who own pits also.OH sorry my dog bit you or more sorry she got busted.KARMA ha ha ha go to jail for being the dirt bag you are.Feel sorry for the dog you should`nt have got to own either.Lost power is a broost but than again you lived in the shadow you never overcame.

Brad

Pitbull's are for gangsters and drug dealers. They need to throw her ass in jail. and if she has kids, she needs to be prosecuted for child endangerment.
I used to be a claims adjuster. The majority of the dog bites were from pit bulls. All of the owners would have sworn that "their pitbull" would never bite anyone ........until they actually did. and pitbulls go for the throat. Most of the other dog bites from other breeds did not do serious damage.

Kate

My life is now forever drastically changed because of an attack by a Pitt-Bull/Mastiff mix. I moved to Cincinnati from California to be near my grandson with enough savings to pay cash for a decent house. After arriving I was attacked silently from behind by a loose Pitt-Bull mix. My dog who tried to defend us, was paralyzed in the attack. I spent all of my savings trying to take care of myself and my dog after the attack. After months in a wheelchair, I am now left permanently handicapped and unable to earn a decent income. I do not and now apparently never will have a house to call my own and live worried from month to month.

Kate

Sarcastic1

She still looks like a lesbian. Sometimes never change

Baylee13

Kate I am very sorry to hear what happened to you, it has to be so hard. I wish the best for you.

Advocate

Punish the deed not the breed!
There are no bad dogs just bad owners.
Pit Bulls are no more dangerous than any other dog if trained properly. This country's media loves to perpetuate the false truths about this breed and it's disgusting, racist, & uncalled for.

Fed Up in Monte Nido

Thanks TMZ! This is long overdue. This mauling is the latest in a long string of of no fewer than ten attacks by their vicious dog on people, horses and other dogs. Their stubborn resistance to neighbor's pleas to contain the pit bull has made Mariel Hemingway and her boyfriend persona non grata in the Monte Nido community since moving in about six months ago. Luckily, they are only renters and there is hope that they'll be shamed out of Monte Nido before they buy here.

Hey Mariel, we've got an idea for a new film based on your behavior in our previously peaceful community: it's called "Personal Worst."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments