'Teen Mom'

Charged with Felony

in Beatdown

12/27/2010 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Teen Mom" Amber Portwood was charged with felony domestic violence for allegedly wailing on her baby daddy in front of their daughter ... TMZ has learned.

Amber Portwood Charged
We're told Amber was charged by the Madison County Prosecutor's Office today with two felony counts of domestic battery, one felony count of neglect of a dependent, and one misdemeanor count of domestic battery.

As we previously reported, Amber allegedly attacked Gary Shirley three separate times between August 2009 and July 2010.  Some of the violence was captured on video.

We're told Amber faces three years behind bars and up to $10,000 in fines if convicted on all charges.

Check out video of one of the incidents below.

brian

i would've hit that whore back in a second the moment she laid a hand on me, i would've knocked her the **** out, down the stairs, she would've been begging for mercy

Treasure Beach Jamaica

I see a little girl beating on a big man!! some might say why is he taking it but on the other hand if he was to hit her back am sure it would have been a lot painful than what she was giving him and he might have ended up in prison. She is only hitting him because she knows he wont hit her back!! He was wise enough to not beat the **** out of her. People take disadvantage of who they can take it with. If he was the type of guy who would just knock her the **** out, she would't hit him! It's woman like this who make man eventually kill them. sad to say.

gig

What a ***** that guy is! Just kill that bitch. Or sit on her till she chokes. You have the body weight. Then do your time and be proud for ridding the planet of this little ****.

foodle

Hope she gets the max.

christy

Not all of what this girl did to this guy was ever taped so why blame the show? I think the show is crap to but she did this to him without the cameras so stop making excuses for her. I have watched it a few times and she is a little bi**h period. Her parents feed into it. I have seen a couple news stories about stuff she did when cameras werent there. She is a typical abuser, she got away with it once and did it more and more each time because nothing happened to her. She freaking hit the guy in front of her dad and he encouraged it. What does that tell you? Sad thing is if he even once hit her back she would call cops and they would arrest him. I hope she does time in jail even if 30 days. Whats to keep her from doing it to her little girl one day?

WTF

What an animal. Now I know what Chris Brown went through!

Bubba

How the Fu*@ does he just stand there and let that c@#t belittle him like that, because he's on TV!! I don't give a f@#k, she puts her hands on me like that I would be foces to "defend myself" toss her head right threw that door!!!

SCOTT

you fat ****ing turtle. he should of dropped that hippopatamus. i hope she goes to jail...or the nearest zoo for entertainment

JKenny

Thats what she deserves & more years in prison...

Capo Flynn

So typical of white trash! They must be from either FL,PA,TN or WV!

vindog

Oh my goodness, someone needs a time out.

She fist punched him, he is a better man than I. I think a shove back, was in order, but good for him to keep his cool.

Just imagine where and how she was rasied if this is acceptable.
I actually feel sorry for her, hopefully this is more set up, than not.

Donovan

She deserves jail time, not probation. If a man did that to a woman, he'd rot in jail for awhile. Look at what happened to Chris Brown and the outrage over that. He was young and dumb too...that is no excuse and neither is her being female. Domestic Violence deserves stiff penalties regardless of your gender.

Donovan

It's ironic that people are commenting that because he's a big guy he's a wimp for not hitting her back...but when Chris Brown did hit back he got ostracized for it. No one commended him for striking back. So big men should hit back but little men shouldn't, is that the theory you are trying to push Einsteins?
So many double standards. Just visually imagine that exact same action being done to a female. The guy would be toast who did that and in jail with a record.

Bolingbrook Mom

I LOVE how she calls HIM trash...lock her up & toss the key. That poor little girl has one hell of a rough life ahead of her :(

dogmama777

The saddest part of all of this is, she is a mom!