Raz B to Chris Brown: It Was Never About Attention!

12/30/2010 5:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Raz B is lashing back at Chris Brown ... insisting yesterday's explosive Twitter incident was "not about receiving attention" -- as Brown insisted -- but was about standing up for what he felt was "right."

1230_chris_brown_raz_b_TMZ_EX

In the wake of Brown's apology, Raz has issued an apology of his own to TMZ -- saying, "I want to publicly apologize for my direct attacks done out of anger. This is now about taking the right approach, so not only my story can be heard, but so someone learns something valuable."

As we previously reported, Raz ignited the war by tweeting incendiary comments to Brown about the Rihanna incident. Brown reacted to Raz with a slew of racist and gay slurs. Raz then fired back with gay slurs of his own.

Raz adds, "Standing up for yourself does not mean yelling or victimizing others and I sincerely apologize for that.  I was told that 'you can’t hear my message if I’m screaming.'”

As for the death threats Raz B's brother made towards Brown, Raz's rep tells us Ricky Romance's opinions and statement do not reflect how Raz feels -- adding,"Raz B cannot control his brother being protective over him."

TeamBreezy

RAZB IS NOT A ROLE MODEL EWWWWW HE IS A BACKUP SINGING HAS BEEN

virginia

well Raz-B you need go and hide under a big rock it took you long ennough do come out and say someting as for chris he paid for it i wish ppl. leave this kid alone i wanne hit rihanna myself she started all this **** now she goes thru guys like she wear's her pennies chris you doing fine

Leila

Apparently Chris will never live down the incident with Rihanna. Don't make him out to be some Anti-Christ or something... I thought it was hilarious what he said to Raz B BUT if Raz WERE molested he did cross a line. Anyway, I am sure every single one of you, Harvey included can think of a time you crossed the line and called someone a horrible name. GET OVER IT!!!!!

bluejeans

EFF RAZ - HE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT WHETHER RIRI WOULD WANT TO SEE THAT SHIZ IN PRING - A-G-A-I-N!

TeamBreezy

WOW HE CANT EVEN TELL THE DAMN TRUTH IN AN APOLOGY STATEMENT! RAZB IS A BASTARD THAT IS MAKING A MOCKERY OF MOLESTATION AND RAPE!!! THOSE OF YOU DEFENDING HIM JUST DONT LIKE CHRIS BROWN!!! PERIOD. SMH ****ERS

eff u Raz

Raz is looking for attention and he got the right people to back him TMZ and Mediatakeout......

Brent

TRASH TRASH AND TRASH that's all these guys are!!! Are trash!!!!!

gigi

I am always amazed when people do incredibly stupid things and then something horrible happens and they end up interviewing the morons and they say "we hope others can learn from our mistake". Well, you idiots, most people don't threaten each other and call them names in print for the whole world to see. You should both be banished to some foreign third world country.
Neither one of you deserves the air you breathe. Your both too dumb to survive.

OrlandoRockStar407

Raz B & Chris Brown are Both good peoples. but Chris Brown just might be a undercover. Raz B is not gay. he was raped as a kid. not! gay.

MJ is the Greatest of all

Raz needs lip size reduction surgery!

Chris B rules!

South Side

Hey Raz B STFU!!! If it wasn't about attention you should have said your piece 2 years ago when this all went down. Now go join another boy band and practice moonwalking. F'n fudge packer.

TW

TMZ stop deleting my posts! They are the truth

DAVID....

Brian

Raz needs his ass kicked for stirring this sh-t up out of the blue, think I'm buying a new Chris Brown cd now to show my support, screw all you Chris haters!!!!

Rich

Rapper are all BS. They will do ANYTHING to promote a ridiculous genre of what the call music. It is a waste of both time and effort. When they generate some MUSICAL talent, let them be recognized.

nik

TMZ are such LIARS the way you guys make CHRIS BROWN out to be in your captions is sickening. yall know it was RAZB who started it however yall only pick certain tweets and post it smh we were all there witnessing it on TWITTER TMZ seems like yall hate CHRIS BROWN