'Bachelor' Slap: Womack Says NOT Criminal Battery

1/4/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ABC is promoting "The Bachelor" with a slap to the face by a contestant, but the victim tells TMZ he  doesn't want her prosecuted.
010411_bachelor_still

You probably saw Brad Womack take a slap to the face, when he was greeted by Chantal O'Brien, who glibly told him she was delivering a violent message on behalf of all the scorned women in America.

So if Amber Portwood gets prosecuted for beating on her boyfriend, what's the difference?

1014_womack_videoBrad tells TMZ, "I think Chantal was just trying to make a statement about my past behavior and make a strong first impression, which she did. "

Brad adds, "I think what Chantal did was a light-hearted gesture which I took as such.  I do not condone violence in any relationship, nor would I keep someone around who I felt truly wished to do me harm."

As Brad left the premiere party last night -- he told us the slap was, "very real and very hard." Brad also told us he didn't want Chantal prosecuted because he "deserved" it.

So what do you think?

0104_bachelor_babes_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Michael

Since she's the girl he picked [picks] in the final Rose Ceremony, and they spent Thanksgiving weekend together at her parents hideaway in Palm Springs [a mile from where I used to live] I'm guessing he won't be pressing charges anytime soon...

Ozzie X

That looked scripted and the producers already had a public statement prepared in the event of a public backlash. Who in their right mind would walk up to someone they've never met and slap them based on their behavior on a TV show? These shows are really getting desperate for ratings.

reallyirked

If this is domestic violence then ABC and its producers should be the ones charged. Who couldn't see that this was scripted from the get go. Come on - real- not highly likely.

alisemaria

That's just distasteful and very rude. And she didn't slap him on my behalf.

Brad made the right decision by not choosing someone and I like him more for it. I don't understand why people were so angry with him as if he owes them anything or that he really mattered that much to them. I'm attracted to a guy who is confident and can take a stand. Anyway, it made for a good season which is why they brought him back.

Gogo

What a classless broad. I agree with alisemaria - this is a disgrace.

Ed

Violence is violence. Slapping anyone shouldn't be condoned, whether it's a man slapping a woman or vice versa. And for ABC to promote the show with the clip is distasteful, especially toward anyone who has ever suffered violence.

Kookamonga

That vapid hooker does NOT speak for me. What a narcisstic, classless valley-girl-speaking piece of trash. "Chantal," I hope you are reading this becuase you are truly a worthless idiot who will not get a decent man.

Jackie

Wow!!....If it was a man, then would be consider violence. If she slap him on TV, then what will happen in their future.

Mikey

Its a reality show which means its all fake. Its a setup. Even this story is a setup to promote the show.

MagicMike

The slap was completely scripted. Not only that, when you watch the promo, the "sound of the slap" was not in sync with the impact. It's clear that the Bachelor overlaid a "hard slap" sound on what was absolutely 100% a "pulled" slap, like a pulled punch used in professional wrestling. This "slap" is the equivalent of an audio photoshop. FAKE!

Jackie

I mean if it was the guy slapped the girl, it would be a big deal. I hate double standards. she should control her ****ing hands.stupid bitch

Dan

These shows are all scripted. hello? I can't believe people actually think they are not.

mike

What a double standard we have if it was a man slapping a woman he would have been arrested on the spot. Wake up everybody she should be arrested just like a man

Janeny

If somebody calls me a "nice piece of meat" in public in retaliation for denying him sex and I slap the jerk can I be criminally prosecuted?

itstrue

Anyone who believes that was spontaneous -- stand up. Exactly, another piece of BS from a phoney reality show. And then "his" statement, well - let's just say that's like Britney Spears tweeting about the state of the union. Publicists are overpaid and getting more laughable everyday.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments