Usher -- Suffering from 'Upper Respiratory Illness'

1/14/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Usher has canceled two upcoming European concerts after coming down with some sort of "upper respiratory illness" ... this according to the singer's rep.

011410_usher_video

Just yesterday in Berlin, Usher ended a concert early ... after apologizing to fans about not being able to sing.

Now, his rep tells us, "After consultation with doctors, he has been advised to reschedule the upcoming dates in order to get the rest he needs to ensure a complete recovery."

Usher released a statement saying, "I deeply regret having to reschedule the shows. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience I have caused my fans. My fans are the best in the world and I am looking forward to getting better so that I can give them the show they deserve."

Jackie

Hmm!!...why didn't cancel the concert if he knew he was ill? than going on stage in first place.

openyun

Being an entertainer is tiresome as hell. They have to really take good care of themselves. There is nothing worse than an entertainer not being able to give his/her fans a good show that was paid for. Get well Usher and get your ass back on stage. That is what entertainers do. Love.

jus-sayin

Get better soon.

quezoopoo

He should not smoke so many blunts before he goes on stage...

Janet

I hope the little Bieber doesn't have this illness. It's going around. ~ Lucky for the little guy he only had to spend 30-minutes at St. Joe's! They would have killed him there!

artie help

usher should be ushed to the hospital

Michael Porcaro

I have an urgent request as I am 71 yrs of age . I am an aggressive male who loves to party.I want to hang out with Charle Sheen for a week before I die ,he's my idol and I can out party him at my age as I have lived life similar to him of course not with as much money but he is the best,there will be no one else who can match him. Hugh Hefner was and is boring Charlie is the way to go.

queen love

He's taking the Michael Jackson impersonation to a new height.

SNOOKI is a DUDE with balls

DUDE this sucks......In a recent interview he said he has to "stop smoking weed" becaus of this very problem......see interview here>>http://www.youtube.com/user/BaddBoyBlanco<<..... he said is has been affecting his voice recently. He aslo said he uses marijuana to help him write his songs. I wonder if him being smoke free will affect his next album. guess well just have to wait and see. SNOOKI is a MAN!

Kenneth

Why not "USHER" him right out of the spotlight?

Phreaky

"Upper Respiratory Infection" is apparently the new "Has a crack addiction" since a lot of people seem to think he's on the bad stuff and has lost his mind. He broke down crying on stage the other day.

oc

mmm, upper respiratory is from the neck up, sounds more like a coke problem than pot

germanvoice

well TMZ, you should tell the whole story....he cancelled the concert on Wednesday in Berlin, 40 min after Trey Songz finished their opening act, and rescheduled to Thursday. Thursday the disaster to its course....earlier that day he posted on Twitter "The show is rescheduled for Thur, Jan 13 @ the O2 World. I look forward to giving Berliners a great show!"
WTH????

barf

german media says he stopped the show due to an ear infection. that's far from respiratory problems.

one thing is for sure, he has lost a lot of fans...

Ami go home...

MIDNIGHT TOKER

sadly this happens to me all the time and I just lay off the weed for a few months and then it is party time again

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments