Zsa Zsa

Out of Surgery,

Leg Successfully Amputated

1/14/2011 7:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Zsa Zsa Gabor's right leg has been partially amputated by doctors at UCLA Medical Center ... TMZ has learned.

Zsa Zsa Gabor Surgery
According to one of Zsa Zsa's doctors, three quarters of her leg was removed during the surgery today -- starting from just above her knee.

We're told there were no unexpected difficulties and she's expected to heal just fine -- but docs are monitoring her closely because of her age.

As we previously reported Zsa Zsa's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, green-lit the procedure to remove a life-threatening infection.

No word yet on when she'll be released.

See also

Shea

Oh that poor woman. My heart goes out to her.

Such a horrible decision at the end of her journey on this earth. I will keep her in my prayers.

GarColga

I never got the Gabor thing. Zsa Zsa and Eva weren't particularly attractive or talented. Why were they famous?

bring back recent posts

...now comes the high risk of more clots and pnuemonia..not to mention staph infections..poor thing..stinks to have a long decline in quality of life, suffering is terrible.

Fellini

Poor ZsaZsa. That infection should have been taken care of before it came to this. I blame her husband for letting those sores get so bad. Shame on him!....and why didn't she have a nurse coming to their home on a regular basis?

Perky

She'll be doing some kind of duet with Heather Mills on Dancing With The Stars before you know it.

Kinkee Pinkee

I often had wondered if he truly loved her and now......after a very difficult decision he had to make....i do believe he does.

Mick

From what I've heard of her disposition, I'd not look forward to being the one who told her; nor would I want to take care of her. Perhaps she has mellowed out a lot. It's a darned shame what you have to go through with long illness, and I never would have imagined until faced with it myself for some loved ones.

kinm

Normally I would wish everybody well, but in this case ... heard she is a super mean person to everybody around her, wonder how the husband - although a colorful figure himself, could take it for so long.

cjs

I'm worried about the depression that may follow,I wish her well.

get real

Hope she is Ok in the coming weeks.

Paddy

I hope she recovers quickly. I always loved her quirky sense of humor and her outlandish sense of style.

I have to say though...if I make it to 93 and need a leg amputated I hope someone takes me to a vet and has me put down. Exit, stage right!!!

Eric

Successfully amputated her leg? This is 2011in a state-of-the-art medical facility, not the Civil War battlefield. it isn't that difficult.

timsami

I wonder if her goofy husband will call her Eileen inlieu of Zsa Zsa ?!

Ilene

Best wishes to Ms. Gabor. I'm sure she'll be back on her foot before you know it.

Butterfly

TO THOSE OF YOU who have posted such vicious comments about "dancing with Heather," "pirates," and "E-bay" might very well suffer similar consequences or even worse because life has a way of coming back to BITE us when we least suspect it. When you make "fun" about another human beings tragedy, your turn will come, GUARANTEED! Maybe you should watch your mouth and the acid you spew!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments