Steven Tyler -- The 'Idol' Audition

That Made Him Cry

1/18/2011 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler had an extremely emotional moment during an "American Idol" audition, when a contestant brought his disabled fiancee to watch him compete.

Chris Medina American Idol
Sources connected with the show tell TMZ, the "Idol" judges were in Milwaukee when 27-year-old Chris Medina walked into the room, accompanied by his disabled fiancee, Juliana Ramos.

We're told Chris told the judges he proposed to Juliana two years ago ... and the couple was making wedding plans when tragedy struck.  Juliana got into a horrible car accident on her way home from work in October, 2009, and was left nearly paralyzed with significant brain damage.

The video below was shot one year into Juliana's recovery.

011810_chris_median_video

Chris' singing was great, but Steven was so moved by Chris' story ... he got up out of his chair, teary-eyed, walked over to Juliana, and hugged and kissed her.

Tyler, we're told, is becoming the star of the show, with big emotions ranging from snark to Paula-style sincerity.

Chris, who will appear on next week's show, made the top 40.

As for Chris' wedding, it's been placed on hold.  The medical expenses are so great, a website was launched to help cover the costs.

0118_chris_juliana_GALLERY_LAUNCH

Mikey

Isn't that Tyler kid one of the women on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?

jado

I'm glad too that I have universal health care in Canada. My heart goes out to anyone in a devastating accident. Take the big hurdles of care and rehabilitation and then add a massive financial burden on top of it - and it must be extremely difficult. Best of luck to these good people.

Marjie

What a great surprise! I am so happy for Chris yet I am almost in tears when I see Juli in that video. I love you, Juli, and I know you'll recover! xox
Marjie

mary

#17= Yes, he wrote that tune.

#22= Who would stage this you freakin' moron ?

#25= You're single, aren't you...

#30= Your Mother !

#36= Does your Father still hit that ? He's cheating on your Mother. Sorry to break it to you on here...

Chris has an amazing voice regardless. Who cares how he made it this far ? He's made it further then you now hasn't he ? Roll in the donations everyone ! Love you Chris & Juli !

Kusoo

I hope he wins. More people with actually ****ty lives need to have them turned around by getting to live their bliss. I hope he lets her play the tambourine on stage. Bring it ON!

ps That said,if they are going to capitalize off of their pain, then the mom needs to get busy designing the sets or costumes or something. There is an creepy vibe reminiscent of Brittany Murphy's mom/ Simon Monjack here in the video's first few seconds.

chris

#45 you idot, it is his fiancee..
and he CAN sing. i have been at their home and heard him Many times. He has a GREAT voice. listen to the video that is him singing, a song he wrote for her. He did not use her as a prop. she auditioned last year and he went with her. now it was his turn to audition and he wanted her with him to share in the moment. He did this for her, he did not use her for this.

chris

I know Chris and Juliana. They are both great people. Chris has been very strong through out this entire healing process. He is a GREAT singer, Can't wait to see him on TV.

twilightmom

What a great story, Chris sounds like a wonderful guy.
I can't get the video on my Blackberry for some reason. Does Chris have a YouTube channel? Or one for Juli?

loulou

SO tragic. She was such a beautiful and vibrant girl. Best wishes for continued recovery.

Brooke

Chris and Juli were both friends of mine. I worked with Juli for about 4 years, attended many of her infamous parties, and got to enjoy and be blessed with her in my life. She was the epitome of vibrant, unique, carefree, and talent. Chris sticking by her side is one of the most admirable things I have ever seen, and cannot describe how ECSTATIC I am for him.
If any of you want to read more on Juliana's story go to Facebook and search for her group - "For Juliana". Her mother, Janet, posts about her progress, plight, and the in-between on a regular basis. She's really a great writer. Any and all prayers are appreciated. Juli and Chris WILL get there. They will both live the happily ever after they deserve.

Vishnu

It's inspiring...

carlitos

hope she recovers well..the more prayers to her..the better..pls people..pray for her..to get well..i will...

Jackie

That's what true love is about. in sickness...in healthy...etc

anonymous

Thats really sweet... all I can say

barb

hmmm....I don't trust the AI juggernaut. If this in fact is true and they put him through because of his wife, for the storyline...that would be typical AI.I'd hate to think these people would go to these lengths to get on a reality show but it's happened before.Not quite sure what to think...I do think I'd be leery of sending money without checking this out.