'Sister Wives' Fam -- Break Down in Las Vegas

1/20/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Sister Wives" star Kody Brown has officially moved the family to VEGAS, BABY ... baby, wife, wife, wife, wife, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid and kid.

0119_sister_wives_TMZ_composite_getty_EX

TMZ has learned Kody and crew moved into their new temporary rental home in Sin City late Tuesday ... but it wasn't an easy journey.

Average travel time from the Brown's home in Lehi, Utah to Vegas is roughly 6 hours ... but Kody's caravan took 30 HOURS to complete the 397 mile voyage.

We're told the gang was slowed down by "multiple car issues" -- including EIGHT blown tires!!!

As we previously reported -- Kody and the rest of his polygamist family moved to Nevada to "explore new job opportunities" ... but it's unclear what kind of career moves they're looking to make.

lhartwell

Yes, they are consenting adults, who are morons! Your logic is not working for me. So, its better to have him 'cheat' on you in front of your face? Right down the hall way from you?

They are all alright with it becasue they all have some washers missing......

It's like he has own personal Bunny Ranch going on, all he needs to do is get them to do "a line up" with a door bell and they can all come a runnin'.

Ding, ding, ding......like the hookers at the Bunny Ranch, he could even give them nick names and make them introduce themselves...Hi, I'm moron number one....

That makes it better somehow? Not getting your point...

MsPhoenix

Is poligamy legal in Nevada? That's my only question, because what consenting adults do in their homes really doesn't concern anyone else.

It's always amusing how judgemental people can be about things that don't concern them.

tiffany

i bet his wives are his sisters lol

aggieannie

It would be interesting to know how many of th "pro" comments here are Mormon & how many "Con" comments are Mormon.

steve

Yes, Which wife are you?

kk22

Absolutely disgusting! Yuck, I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

ana

SO SICK PEOPLE!!!

ana

I WANT THREW UP!!!

lisatxss

This guy is ALL ABOUT HIMSELF!!!! If you looked at the shows they own a Surburban, the wives drive junk cars that have windows and mirrors duck taped. And there he is driving his sporty expensive LEXIS. So I'm sure he never replaced their tires.

Linda

Why would they move away from Utah were their surrounded by other familys that believe the way they do. Out of all the places to move to why Las Vegas? I have lived in Vegas for 45 years and I have to tell you the CRIME is really bad. The unemployment rate is high and their are forclosures everywhere. Its hard to make friends that actually stay here long term. The schools are overcrowded. Since they are moving here I hope they can find a home in SUMMERLIN or SEVEN HILLS the rest forget it. These 2 communitys have the lower crime and Great Schools.

Anonymous

Polyandry, polygyny, polyamory, etc...other cultures accept these lifestyles. One wife has her college degree and a business that she started. Another was working and going back to school, others stayed at home with the children. Seems like each wife made their personal choice. It is not a forced lifestyle and they can leave any time. Nevada is more accepting of multiple partners than Utah hence the move. One wife lost her job due to the tv series exposure. The children appear wanted, care for and to support each other. In one episode one wife said she felt relief in knowing that if something happened to her the other wives would care for her children. There seems to be reciprocity within this family group. They help each other move, etc...While it may not be a lifestyle most of us would want, they are happy as it is now. So, why persecute them? Communes during the 1960...'s were little different. Live and let live people.

briekitten

God's pissed.

Zek

Our white women are pieces of $^%& and this guy should be taken out back and catch a raw case of Deliverance right in his punk a$$

ana

SICK! SICK! SICK!
I'M FEEL VERY SORRY FOR KIDS. POOR KIDS. END OF THE WORLD IS VERY CLOSE!EVERY SECOND IN OUR COUNTRY IS MENTALLY SICK! LORD HELP US!

RL

The only concern I have is that the children are well maintained and that they not be supported by the state. I am really not in favor of this type of patriarchal structure but if they all love one another and care for one another and do not pose a burden on the community then to each his own.
As for this particular "family" the two episodes I caught tended to paint him as rather selfish. His patriarchal beliefs tend to be somewhat misogynistic. I do have concerns for the children being discriminated against being from a poly family.
I take offense at the comment that these women are whores. From what I saw these women are rational adults with beliefs that are not mainstream. They are really quite remarkable.
My perspective is certainly different than most. I do not subscribe to their religious convictions but I also live in a polyamorous situation. I also believe that one can have a love that extends beyond one person.
I have a loving wife and life partner with whom I have a vibrant and fulfilling relationship. I also have a great boyfriend who is also married to a wonderful woman and a girlfriend who is lovely and is still seeking her life partner. We are all open and caring toward each other and our lives are richer for our relationships.
Because of our open relationships we meet a lot of allegedly heterosexual monogamous men and women and the truth is we don't want any thing to do with them. They don't have respect or love for their partners and live in deception and dishonesty.
To me "sister wives" as an example of an alternative family is far healthier than many so called normal 1 man 1 woman relationships. Good luck and many blessings on them and their children.