'Jersey Shore' Italy Trip --

Italian Group FURIOUS!

1/25/2011 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The "Jersey Shore" road trip to Italy will only serve to make the locals look like "buffoons and bimbos" ... this according to a very pissed off Italian-American organization.

0125_jersey_unico_EX_01
TMZ spoke to a rep for UNICO -- a massive Italian American interest group -- who tells us they're furious with MTV's decision to shoot Season 4 in the old country ... saying, "People used to go to the circus to see the freak show – that is what this will be."

The rep adds, "It will not only hurt Italians but all Americans … their outrageous, reprehensible behavior will make us look like buffoons and bimbos."

As TMZ first reported, UNICO was the first group to call for a boycott of the show -- claiming it's a "denigration" of Italian Americans.

Joe Canada

Hmmm, the Jersey Shore d-bags act like Italian-Americans, Italian-Canadians, Italian-"insert country immigrated to here".

I see a pattern with Italians.

dcoios

Gypsie Shore as I said before... and I'm a LAWYER!

MariJoy

NonoNOOOOOO...the only ones who will look like buffoons and bimbos are the usual Jersey Shore suspects.

European Italians carry themselves with MUCH more aplomb than their American counterparts and I know, I'm married to one.

jeni

get a grip haters. its entertainment but i wii say they do way too much drinking. MTV needs to stop supporting the drinking which wont happen cuz then there's no show.

jessuk

I'm from the UK but my heritage is Italian and everything about Jersey Shore is a highly insulting representation of Italians. Why do these people insist on calling themselves Italian?? You are where you were raised- they will be laughed out the country. If my nona saw these tools she'd whack seven shades of sh*t out of them. rubbish people. New Jersey isn't an extension of Italy you freaks of nature.

Scudrunner51

I looked at the cast again & all I see are a bunch of Mug's & Jugg's...Hey MTV, a possible spin-off? I thought of it first!

Warwick

You know a boring scripted show when the cast moan about cold weather and so on. Italy will curve the Dynamics, doubt the cast even can speak Italian? should be as good as watching grass grow. The Show has become the 'Yawn shore'

M.T.

Everyone in Southern New Jersey HATES these north jersey idiots. Not only do they not represent Italian Americans, they also do NOT represent people from New Jersey. I HATE them an they embarass the hell out of me!

Robert

Hey UNIHOE, stfu. They're young and having fun. We can't all be old bags sitting at home watching three's company re-runs like you fine upstanding, lamers.

P.S. I heard that to be a UNOHOE member you have to have a dildo permanently shoved up your ass. Is that true?

Nate

I think anyone caught watching this garbage should be shot on the spot. Dumbing down of America has entered into a death spiral with this show and these absurd hacks "celebrity". Damn, people make me sick.

Lia

BAHAHA just relax, its meant to be funny and make fun of them, just watch it, allow it to poisen your brain and laugh...there are so many more worse things to worry about lol

jerry caggia

i Think Its a Great Idea 3 Fist Pumps for That -- Fist Pump -Fist Pump- Fist Pump ; )

Vernon P. Alarcon

I know what the Italian-Americans are feeling. I don't even want these clowns representing the USA .... but unfortunately, that's what our county has come to as we have "dumbed down".

God save the Queen!

herself

This will be an international incident. Did these folks not learn from Amanda Knox's experience? There will be no free passes. They don't care if you're with an American show--in fact it will work against you. They better tread lightly and stay quiet. And, of course, they will only further perpetuate the dumb American theme but I hope even Italians will appreciate that TV goes too far.

Dr. Michael J. Eula

As an Italian-American from New Jersey who worked very hard to acquire a profession and a solid foothold in the upper middle class I happened to stumble upon this show one evening. I was saddened and yet not surprised to see this parade of ignorance and meaninglessness. I'm not suprised because Italian-Americans have been portrayed with untrue stereotypes grounded in racism going back to the nineteenth century - my family worked very hard, achieved much, and is devoid of criminal, despite the endless parade of criminal images to the contray. My family is far more typical than the mobsters depicted by Hollywood studios going back to the silent era. I'm not surprised to see this sort of show because all too often Italian-Americans buy into these stereotypes because of a poor self-image cultivated by an American culture which cynically eschews some forms of racism while accepting others - Italian-Americans have been, and remain, fair game for mass-circulated racism. I applaud UNICO and any other civil rights organization which objects to the images portrayed on this show. Oh, by the way - far too many working class people, Italian-American and otherwise, lack the resources to live the decadent life of Snooki and her pathetic pals. That too is another distortion serving to deny the existence of poor people who despite hard work lack adequate wages, access to health care, etc., etc. This show, while protected by our First Amendment, nonetheless remains a negative force in our culture which should be ignored - that will make advertisers go away and with their departure will be the departure of these wretched souls.