Mel Gibson -- Someone Stole My Beaver!

1/28/2011 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mailbox was broken into Wednesday ... and cops are now on the hunt for a beaver.

Mel Gibson Beaver Stolen

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Summit Entertainment -- which is distributing Mel's upcoming movie, "The Beaver" -- gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD.  Mel screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit.

We're told the courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is now on the case.  But here's the sad part -- It's being investigated as a petty theft.

But don't worry Mel -- it's petty theft because of the value of the DVD.  We're sure the movie is awesome.

kali

UPDATE: Kris's Depo with Mel Gibson & his Attorneys (Yes Mel Gibson will be there) on Friday Feb 4. 9:00 am at Mel's Attorneys office Kolodny & Anteau 9100 Wilshire Boulevard 9th Floor, West Tower, Beverly Hills, California 90212. Hi ALL thank you for the 100's kind words in this comments area and for the emails wishing Kris well and all of your kind words, Azlee, Fuddyduudy(how do u write in BOLD), Midwest, Sky, Fidel's niece, Dian M, Jasna, queen_uni 1, and forgive us if we have missed anyone. To Answer a Few of your Questions: 1. Kris is donating AT LEAST 50% of any and all monies made by Kris from the Book & Movie rights to his life story to the U.S. Veteran members and Family members of U.S. Veterans killed in combat of The Bodyguard Group , The Bodyguard Group of Beverly Hills, The Bodyguard Group of Las Vegas and www.TheBodyguardGroup.com 2. Kris has never been paid a penny by Mel, O.G. or anyone involved in these cases. 3. Kris, per his Attorneys, has no comment on anything else about these cases, until his Book is published and his deal is complete for the Book & Movie rights to Kris's life story, again this is to raise the money for U.S. Veterans. 4. Kris interviews, we do not have all the exact times YET, Kris's Interviews on ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CNN & More will be coming out the 2 days before, day before, day of and day after his Depo with Mel Gibson & his Attorneys (Yes Mel Gibson will be there) on Feb 4. 9:00 am at his Attorneys office at: Kolodny & Anteau
9100 Wilshire Boulevard
9th Floor, West Tower
Beverly Hills, California 90212 PLEASE DO NOT HARASS MEL'S ATTORNEYS

Posted at 12:07 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Dr Richard Davis

I have no kind words for you.

anonym

I hope Mel just set them up.

fuddyduddy

Fud: why are you reposting that for him? We've all seen it, isn't that good enough?Isn't ti done? Or do we need to fight somemore over it? :( Not meaning to poke, just don't understand your thinking.... I'm a bit shocked....I'm Shocker.... I'm an aussie now and that's ok. I sleep all night and work all day.....

Posted at 12:25 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Sam
Sam--it was an update. The top line of it is where the update is, and he is using some of the information from a previous post AFTER the update. Not much different then people posting new lists here or posts that other missed. Not a big deal and no harm done. Many times we see the same lists over and over, too.

fuddyduddy

You're welcome, M. Gabriel. :)

Fidel's niece

WTF????

I stated on the last thread
I NEVER send any e-mail to Herzog!

NEVER!

Pinkpanther, LISA post #617

Where did you get that idea that I sent
an e-mail to Hetrzog????.

IT IS a L I E!

I do NOT e-mail anybody on this
board or anybody else connected
to Mel or Ok$a.

I am very upset about this BS.

DO NOT USE MY MONIKER to
support your idiotic letters.

***Team Mel***

kali

Brilliant. Another advertisement for the exact date, time and address of where Gibson will be.

Herzog's book will be entitled - Memoirs of Mole Rat. My life as hairless rodent.

Posted at 12:28 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Tellthetruth59

Doesn't that go against some bodyguard rule? Sheesh.
Anything to advertise and to heck with peoples safety.
Maybe thats why they are losing $$$$.

TMZgossip

Given TMZg's past show of unbridled hatred for anything Mel, his mindless and insistant support for ol' 'officer' Mee, and factoring the facts he has shared about who he is and his life, wife, and children, I'm fairly convinced he is Mee's mindless ol' fat asses daddy. Must be so proud--of such a loser. Oh wait: just like dear ol' dad! Sure.

Posted at 12:13 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Sam
...

if you were capable of logical reason you would understand how ludicrous your statement is. however, anything more complicated then "clap on", "clap off" has you baffled.

Hopefully the boy scooped you some Depends coupons today.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

It's by and large the same post, same info in it.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

TMZg, you're growing lamer in your old age. That's not much of an insult.

GreenEyes

Thanks fuddyduddy, I hadn't seen it and I read the posts all night last night until I went to bed. Didn't get a chance to comment and didn't want to jump in and say something that wasn't pertinent. Better to read the informative posts and go from there..... :=)

kickaboo

So it is "petty theft" if a thief steals from your mailbox, but it is a felony if a thief steals from the United States post office? I don't get it. People can go around stealing from other people's mail and the Sheriff calls it "petty theft"?

fuddyduddy

Posted at 12:28 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Tellthetruth59

Doesn't that go against some bodyguard rule? Sheesh.
Anything to advertise and to heck with peoples safety.
Maybe thats why they are losing $$$$.

Posted at 12:40 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by kali
I really done see the big deal. So is it okay for TMZ cameras to try and follow OG and Mel into court houses and at restaurants? Isn't that invasive? WTF?

Hasn't TMZ posted before when depositions are sceduled and who will be there? WTF is the difference here? None that I see! It's all the same!

fuddyduddy

TMZg, you're growing lamer in your old age. That's not much of an insult.

Posted at 12:44 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Sam
I think he's been looking at too many blonde bimbos!

fuddyduddy

It's by and large the same post, same info in it.

Posted at 12:43 PM on Jan 28, 2011 by Sam
Same as the lies list that gets posted from time to time, or the inconsistencies list that gets posted from time to time.

drew