Joe Francis --

Indicted Over Alleged

$2M Gambling Debt

2/2/2011 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A grand jury has officially indicted "Girls Gone Wild" honcho Joe Francis over the $2 million he allegedly owes in gambling debts to casino mogul Steve Wynn -- charging him with felony theft and fraud.

0202_francis
Wynn sued Francis over the debt back in 2009 and won ... but Francis has continued to refuse to pay up, claiming Wynn owed him a discount on his losses -- and now it's become a criminal matter.

According to the documents filed today in Las Vegas, Francis took out $2.5 million in markers with Wynn Casino in exchange for gaming chips nearly four years ago -- but there was one big problem ... the casino claims he didn't have the cash in his bank account to back it up ... and they never got the funds.

Francis has since only paid off $500,000 of the debt.

Now, a Vegas grand jury has ordered Francis to stand trial against the 2 criminal charges. If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison.

Francis tells us, "I'm 100% confident that I will prevail, just like I always do. Steve Wynn has enormous influence over the politicians in the Las Vegas area ... so I'm sure he's behind this."

Francis adds, "The moral of the story is don't gamble at the Wynn casinos or this could happen to you."

Wiley

Hey Joe! have you met Lindsay Lohan yet? You two have a lot in common.

Julie

No, Joe. This won't happen to me if I gamble at Wynn because I won't right them a bad check.

en Todo Momento!!

wynn should just hire him as a fry boy in one of his kitchens until that debt is paid off. it's only fair!!!!

Christina G.

This sure is one unlucky man. Snicker.

samson

No, the moral of this story is don't rack-up $2 million in gambling debt, dumbass!

LAWRENCE

Hey douchebag here's the real moral of the story. Don't gamble money you don't have. Moron. What a dumbass, does he really think that making a statement like that will keep people from gambling at that hotel. Gee, I didn't pay my gambling bill, I lost all that money and now barely legal girls are going to have to take their shirts off so I can make it back. Oh wait, nobody buys my bull**** anymore so now I'm screwed. Just put him away.

Ken

Deadbeat Joe

joeygirl45

Time to pay the piper you douchebag!! All those years of living off the humiliation of clueless chicks is coming back to bite you in the arse... LOL Now it's your turn to be used hahahahahahahahahaha Karma's a motha f_cker. I hope some poppy makes you his bitch...

Buckaroobonzai

yeah yeah yeah joe... or maybe the moral of the story is don't bounce checks at casinos because bouncing checks is a crime you moron.

John

#damon its only checks dealing with gambling.. They just fine the **** out of you if you write a bad check to a store etc.. like 90% of the other states..

but for checks going to a casino etc is a whole different deal..

here is a bs lawyer site but it has some good info..

moral of the story is never **** with the house...

Oh also in Nevada there is no personal income taxes... 90% of the states income comes from the casinos.. The DA pretty much works for them lol..

RDOG

Its about time you serve actual jail time, like an eternity spent after his henchmen bury your bum ass alive...All you had is gone, all the exploitation you have will haunt you....they will bury you alive and give u an oxygen tank that will last 36 hours so you can die thinking about how pathetic and twisted you are.....What they say to people on death row....DEAD MAN WALKING

s82a1a

Pay or don't play you loser! I hope Joe has to pay up & go to prison & drops the soap!

Didn't somebodies girlfriend punch him a while back? I love who ever did that!

hayes Todd

I dont think he realizes how much back up Wynn has. He wont be laughing when he's sitting in a jail cell imagining about his prime in girls gone wild lol!

dman

Perhaps Steve is to blame.... for ever taking a check from this Douchbag. Joe's douchebaggery is not to be underestimated.

Annie

Felonies lies this have a 3 year statute of limitations while theft (count I) has a four year statute. I am not sure if they can prove theft and Count II should be dismissed because they filed almost a year too late. I can't wait to see how this gets resolved.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments