Lindsay Lohan:

I Just Borrowed That

Damn Necklace!

2/2/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan claims she did not steal the necklace at the center of a criminal investigation ... rather, she claims it was loaned to her and a stylist simply forgot to return it on time ... TMZ has learned.

0202_lilo_EX_TMZ_02

Sources closely connected with Lindsay tell TMZ ... Lindsay was in the jewelry store in Venice, CA  on January 22 and claims the necklace was loaned to her.

Lindsay claims she gave it back to a stylist at some point thereafter but the stylist neglected to return it on time.

Lindsay says her stylist is the one who returned it to the LAPD last night.

Lindsay says, according to sources, "I didn't have any part in the non-returning on time."

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

JADE

charlie sheen didnt steal. he paid for his cocain.

BB

Innocent until proven quilty in a court of law!

psychoillogic

wow! take note 1/2011 modern media-fueled evolution has truely created the most perfect specimen of airheaded chick entirely devoid of any sense of accountability whatsoever in the history of humankind. hopefully now that we have reached this pathetic pinnacle in history perhaps things will begin to sway away from such extreme selfishness towards a more thoughtful and considerate approach at life and the effects ones actions has upon other people....... HAHAHA

Fingersfly

If she had borrowed it the store would have just charged her credit card when it wasn't returned on time. This woman still thinks laws don't apply to her. She is a classic sociopath. She should go to prison just like she would if she was a welfare mom stealing to stretch the food stamp allotment, but even longer because she is a greedy biatch without poverty as an excuse.

janet

When my teenage son "borrowed" something from a store, security ensured that he "returned" it before he left the store. Even though he didn’t “borrow” anything (store took it back), I was forced to pay the "restocking" fee. The restocking fee was significantly higher than the cost of the original item. Although I paid financially for my son's indiscretions, he learned his lesson due to the extreme embarrassment associated with “borrowing” things. LL needs to finally pay restitution for her actions because she will never learn otherwise. She is way beyond the point where embarrassment or financial constraints will prevent her from hurting herself or someone else through her careless actions…even if they did get hurt, it would be their own fault! She did the crime; she should do the time, just like everyone else!

Cheryl

Don't stores have their clients, no matter who they are, sign an agreement to "borrow" their merchandise before it walks out the door? You don't need a law degree to slam shut this case.

Janette Isaacs

With all of her money and jewelry, why would she need to borrow a $2,500.00 necklace? OMG! Obviously, there was no loan agreement or the jewelry store would not have pressed charges for shoplifting! I cannot believe this is Lindsay's excuse! I met a man once who went to jail for stealing a loaf of bread and a bottle of whiskey from a market. He was a homeless man. Had I been the grocer, I would have given it to him and advised him to never return to my store. He was desperate. Lindsay was not desperate. She gets no sympathy from me and she does not deserve any special treatment. Grand theft is grand theft.

dave manger

april fools..uh,I mean february woops.I borrowed it and i forget to tell my assistant to tell the owner yeah thats the ticket.Thats so weak.Lindsay needs to whip out that check book and send a check for a hundred grand to the owner of the necklace to jog his memory its obviously a huge misunderstanding.

JlS

This girl is a liar. I can't believe her STYLIST is making her take the blame! I have been a personal makeup artist for over 30 years. I don't care who they are...when they are out of control I don't want their friendship, their money, or their problems. Everyone around her needs to move on. She's never going to make a come back and make any significant money to pay anyone. None of the studios are footing any bills for her anymore. Celebrities like Lindsay give Hollywood a bad name. Charlie Sheen can actually pay his bills and employee's.
She's a disgrace.

Deborah

Can you believe the power this woman has......I DISCONNECTED MY CABLE LAST SUMMER BECAUSE EVERYTIME THE T.V. WAS ON HER FACE WAS ON THERE FOR ONE STUPID THING AFTER ANOTHER....GLAD I DID AND I DON'T MISS HAVING TO HEAR HER IDIOTIC STORIES, SEE HER UGLY FRECKLED FACE AND HEAR ABOUT HER DEMENTED MOTHER.....AHHHH...SILENCE

chance

'innocent until proven guilty'..each case is different...

LL

'innocent until proven guilty'..each case is different...

wtf???? That B*#ch is GUILTY adn a effing liar/theif!

swy

'innocent until proven guilty'..each case is different...

I agree. She's not Wynonna Ryder. In my younger years I would do petty stuff for the thrills, but I wouldn't have done them with the other things on Lyndsay's plate right now. If she IS guilty of this, she's got REALLY deep issues beyond substance abuse and needs help not all these critical comments from people who must not have a life. GET A LIFE!

Mrs Joyce Lucas

Good day to you, I am Mrs Joyce Lucas a business loan company , we offer loans to individuals who are desperately need loans of all kinds. anyone who is really interested in applying for a loan quick loan.business God bles you.

Loan Application Form Fill out and return
Name______
Country__________________
Loan Amount Needed______
Phone Number____________
Occupation________________
Civil Status______________
Sex______________________
Monthly Income___________
House Address_____________
Purpose To Loan____________
Zip Code___________________
Loan Duration_______________

Note that you are to fill the application form with the correct data
about your loan will be easy for you to get in time.Thanks and God bless you all.
Email: joycelucasloan@gmail.com
Mrs Joyce Lucas

Sandy

She seems to forget alot when it comes to being in a jewelery and borrowing things she is not suppose to and then saying she forgot and have her assitance take it back She has a real problem and they need to press charges and she needs to go to jail. She is never going to learn

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14