Lindsay Internet Picture Triggered Search Warrant

2/2/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A photo on the Internet triggered the search warrant that targeted  Lindsay Lohan ... TMZ has learned.

0202_lilo_necklace_EX_x17online

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the owner of the jewelry store who filed the complaint against Lindsay saw an Internet photo of Lindsay wearing what the owner claims is a "one-of-a-kind necklace."   We have confirmed the photo (above) shows Lindsay wearing the necklace in question.

The store owner went to cops with the photo and the surveillance video -- shot January 22 --  which we've learned shows Lindsay wearing the necklace in the store.

The store owner told cops Lindsay frequented her store.

Tammy

#14, Tammy, I think the "behind glass" method is for peons like you and me, not for rich folk in Venice. I assume they would be very offended if they had to ask to see something and wait to have it unlocked. And offended to have it assumed that the jewelry needs to be behind glass and that they might steal it...which Lilo clearly did.

What happened to her: "They're nuts, I never had the necklace" excuse, anyway? Ah, I guess that her lawyer, Shawn Crapjob, must have suggested this new, kinder, gentler euphamism for stealing.

Posted at 10:18 AM on Feb 2, 2011 by lou

Good point, Lou. I think you're right. Tragic.

Holly

Her stylist is her junkie friend Patrick Aufdenkamp

Sean

Wait a second everyone. Sure she is a train wreck but the facts don't make sense. She was wearing in the store on the 22nd and cameras prove that. Now on the 30th a picture gets taken of her wearing it. So the owner of the store didn't find a $2500 piece of necklace missing until she saw the picture on the 30th. If I was a store owner I would notice that it wasn't returned that day as Lindsay was walking around with it in the store. So what gives sounds like someone is trying to get in the news by filing a false report. I honestly believe her story about it being loaned to her because something doesn't sound right about the store owner.

smashley

this isnt news shes done it before.. remember when she "lost" millions of dollars worth of loaned jewelry.... and she blamed other people... I think it was finally "found". shes a mess with the conviction of a 2 year old, and no comprehension of ownership or responsibility... She must have been really messed up to not realize she stole this.

Foggarty

This girl is just gone... Saddloy I truly believe it will take a near death experience for her to grasp the reality of her sad pathetic little existance!

If you can't get you're S&^* together after all the warnings and close calls then you shold probably have to pay for the concequences! I thinks its timeole Linds does some real time! This girl absolutely disgusts me with all the opportunities she has been given and free rides! She has no respect for the law, her family or anyone else for that matter!

It saddens me to take sucha hard lined stance toward anyone but you can only do so much to help someone... I give cudos to Shawn Champman Holly for tolerating Lindsay and doing what she can for her but I honestly did not blame her when she quit last year... I was then surprised when she returned but I think she may be in a world of hurt here this time!

Fog

janet

I'm guessing Lohans "associate" is now back to being her "stylist". Lohan forgets to "return" alot of things.

Italia

This isn't the first time Lindsay has been photographed with stolen property. I also recall she went to a club and was photographed leaving with someone else's fur coat.

Then Lindsay rented some jewelry from a jewelry store that went missing as well.

Lindsay wouldn't have to tell so many lies if she would quit taking things that aren't hers and just stop getting in trouble.

Tammy

that necklace is nothing comparing to the 10 k fur she stole 2008

Posted at 10:29 AM on Feb 2, 2011 by DANA

Darn! She does like to pilfer, doesn't she?!

DANA

Her stylist is her junkie friend Patrick Aufdenkamp

Posted at 10:44 AM on Feb 2, 2011 by Holly

She accused him last year of stealing jewlery she acctualy did.

Tammy

Posted at 10:46 AM on Feb 2, 2011 by Sean

A store owner is NOT going to personally know every piece of jewelery/merchandise in the store. The person responsible for the station where the jewlery was stolen from should have realised it was missing. It's sad that LiLo pilfering ways might cost someone their job.

Paul

#67

Where is your sense of resoning Sean.

This looks more like a shady high end jewelry store owner out for revenge?

Since when does a stylist,or a jewelry store loan jewelry out without do***enting it,and making record of it?

This specific piece of jewelry disapeard right after Lindsay sticky fingers were on it.

So you're say somewhere off that video someone loaned it to her?

WHO??

Certainly not the jewelry store.

There was no case other than some jewelry that dissapeared.What good would even going to the police do,but other than raise a owners insurance up?

I think it's possible the owner did make a report of missing jewelry,but the days after going over the survelance camera,and this picture showing up made him go down in person to the police station.

Nobody here is framing Lindsay..She just happened to be in possesion of stolen property.

If you think painting a shady picture of the store owner will distract us from the truth,you are so wrong.

You & Nicole would get along great together,if you aint already the same person.

lou

#57 and #59, because someone alerted Lilo's lawyer, that's how. She got the call, panicked and sent someone over to pick up the "borrowed" goods.

Selebraties Suck

If you're gonna steal, steal something with diamonds.

Someone, please, lock her up.

Amy

Why did you remove the photo, TMZ? You originally posted this item with the photo of her wearing the necklace...the one where she's wearing a blue hoodie and some kind of white fur thing. Why are you covering for her? No worries. Plenty of other people bought that photo. It's all over the internet. But you've lost some credibility in my book.

janet

Isn't funny how Lohan gets caught and it's always someone elses fault.

Wasn't it Lohan who peed on a designer dress she automatically assumed would be hers to keep and was told no and she went out of her way to ruin the dress because she couldn't have it.