Jaime Pressly Pleads Not Guilty to DUI

2/4/2011 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jaime Pressly doesn't think prosecutors can prove she was driving drunk on the night she was arrested for DUI -- and moments ago, the actress pled "not guilty" to the charges in an L.A. County courtroom.

0204_jaime_pressly_BN_TMZ_01

As TMZ first reported, the "My Name is Earl" star was pulled over in Santa Monica on Jan. 5 for a routine traffic violation ... and during the stop, cops say they noticed signs of intoxication.

Law enforcement sources tell us Pressly's blood alcohol level was measured at .22 -- nearly three times the legal limit.

If convicted, Pressly could spend up to 6 months in jail.

robert h

Dang, she is so beautiful. *sigh*

paul

Check out the top about Hollywood's stars with the biggest income in 2010 on www[.]moviesfan[.]eu

StanCan

He or she who is without sid may cast the first stone. I don't care what she did; I love her.

northern gypsy

what's her criminal history...is she a repeat offender ???
if not and it's her 1st offence...probation and community service...possible fine ...let's hope she's a clever girl and realizes it's not worth it...

OooooNooo!

She blew a .22 BAC -- time to get to rehab -- girls has a serious drinking problem and if she THINKS she is not guilty, she is panty-deep in De Nile.

Julie

Is she going to claim somebody else blew into the breathalyzer? Or she just drank some cough syrup and swished with Listerine?

Stupid People Hater

Don't they usually go harder on you when you act like a dumb ass by pleading not guilty when you are very obviously guilty?

TMP

Isn't blowing a .22 PROOF of DUI? I'm so confused. How can she say she's not guilty.. how is she planning to explain the .22?

What really makes me mad is that these "celebs" have more money than they know what to do with and can CALL A CAB or have a DRIVER pick them up and take them ANYWHERE. Why in the world would they drink... then drive themselves? Seriously, DRINK till you puke if that's what you want to do, but at least be smart enough to use some of that hollywood money to get home without endangering the lives of sober drivers on the road!!!!!

CrashAndBurn

I wonder how come at the end of the paragraphs they insert that little line, "If convicted they could face up to so and so." They never spend a over a night in jail. It's all BS.

Amazed

Jaime, I'm pretty sure no other proof is necessary, beyond the current facts....

"the "My Name is Earl" star was pulled over" (you were driving)

"Pressly's blood alcohol level was measured at .22" (you were drunk)

Politico Pablo

That's her right to plea not guilty, and to challenge the test results. But they probably have her on video trying to walk a straight line, and there wasn't any earthquakes that night.

brad

It is what lawyer's do. been there hope to never be there again. Every defense attorney advises pleading not guilty. I was .32. I'm ashamed of it everyday. I told the judge to just take my license away and she did. I think about not it now in a different light, I only cared about myself, not thinking I could have killed someone.

You plead not guilty to get multiple continues, eventually I pleaded guilty after rehab and jail and accepted the responsibility. So don't judge her! My attorney who is in recovery wanted me to eventually plead guilty to take responsibility. And to understand how selfish I was. I started drinking again after ten years, not driving but but more and more see how DUI's destroys lives, but think not about yourself but what you do to others. The city of Santa Monica takes rehab as a form of punishment, and now in L.A first timers are subject to the blowing thing on the car.

I hope she gets help.

Jim

S***bags that drink and drive should get minimum jail time. She`ll probably get off on a technicality.

harley

still one of the hottest chicks around......

Puckett

I totally wouldn't convict her!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments