« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fergie -- Don't Pick on Christina Aguilera!

2/7/2011 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fergie is coming to Christina Aguilera's defense after she flubbed the national anthem yesterday before the Super Bowl -- claiming Xtina's "human" ... and everyone makes mistakes.

Fergie Black Eyed Peas

Fergie was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning -- where she admitted her own performance with the Black Eyed Peas also failed to meet her expectations ... calling some of her notes "pitchy."

Boom boom pffft.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

becky

I believe the problem that Fergie had was her microphone and the sound systems were all screwed up... I thought it was my TV as first. I really don't believe it was the Black Eyed Peas issue... they give great concerts. The National Anthem is a hard song to sing and when you mix it up it always goes bad... very bad. Just sing the song the way it was written. I was excited to hear Christina was going to sing it but ended up very disappointed.

CrashAndBurn

Reason... cause you ain't in the STUDIO! Welcome to real life.

Caligirl

Good lord people, may people rub your face into anything you may do wrong. Brutal and horrible comments.

Shame.

JarQ

Speaking of which, the half-time show was terrible. Fergi has a good voice, but I didn't get the concept: B-E-P first, then Guns 'N Roses but without Axl Rose, then Usher ??? The background choreography - cool costumes and lights and all that but the dancers were out of sync repeatedly. Seriously, you couldn't hire the guys that did the Beijing Olympics? Would have done it better for 1/10 of the price.

O-C Guy

Yeah, let's not say anything critical of crap performances by these over-rated, over-paid, unsecured musical "artists." I guess their choice of drugs before they began singing was the only reason for their poor performance, not them.

Barbara

I agree w/Caligirl....lighten up people

Anonymous

The Black Eyed Peas are a joke. All I could think about when they were up on stage was the SNL parody of them, which is actually FAR MORE ENTERTAINING.

Chia

They are both professionals, they should have been beyond great on that stage. Instead they both sucked.

Bring back marching bands!

Cravin Morehead

I got a headache listening to and watching that ridiculous Halftime show. Whoever picked the BEP should be fired! They've never put out a good song. Who is the NFL going to have next year...Kanye?

HMD

pitchy? more like SH&**Y!!!!

hotchick

I liked all the performances.

Allison

So Christina screwed up the words, I'm sure if the ONE person that noticed didn't say anything no one would have noticed. Have you been too american sporting events no one knows the words. Have you been to a Canadian sporting event EVERYONE knows the words to Oh Canada. Why is that ??

Sherri

hahahaha! That's pathetically funny! Trying to take the heat off of herself with an attempt at putting the focus on Christina! Newsflash Fergie..you and your 'band' were just as bad, if not worse, than Christina.

Deb

BEP was absolutely horrible. I can't believe they actually got paid for that performance. What happened to actually having talent?

rico

...and at least she didn't piss herself.