Halle's Race War with Gabriel:

Our Daughter IS Black

2/8/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry says it point blank ... her daughter is Black -- a direct message to her ex Gabriel Aubry who, according to sources, "went nuts" anytime someone called Nahla Black.

0207_halle_gabriel_BN_Getty_01
Halle says in an upcoming interview with EBONY magazine, "I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory." The one-drop rule was used during segregation to describe anyone who wasn't 100% Caucasian.

As TMZ first reported, sources connected with the former couple say Gabriel insists Nahla is White.

Truth is, they're both sorta right ... and both sorta wrong.

So, we gotta ask ...

Halle Berry

Marlene

Ummm why not the one drop theory that she is white? If her mother was 100% black, and her father is 100% white, isnt there a drop of his DNA coursing through the babies body? Halle should be teaching the baby to embrace both cultures as she was probably shown by her own parents.

amina

She is right. Read history, watch Imitation of life, learn about Tom Jefferson's 75% white slave kids, etc

Maya

Who cares? Race is a socially constructed hierarchy created by people who wanted to feel better than other groups! Everyone on here should be ashamed of themselves! Scientifically we are all humans who came from ancestors in where, AFRICA!!! The human race can be traced back to AFRICA!!! For all of you people who are eager to differentiate do some research and understand that we are all human beings who need to rise above the pettiness of color!

marcia

Posted at 3:57 PM on Feb 9, 2011 by Maya
______________________________________________________________

How very noble indeed! Please wake me when we get to Utopia...

Robyn

I am mixed with Black, Caucasian and American Indian. I've done much research on so-called "mixed" race. There is no such thing, really. The biological fact is any time the dominate (black) gene mixes with the recessive (caucasian)gene it changes the recessive gene to dominate. Therefore the white gene becomes black. There really is no "mixed" race, it's either dark/of color or white.

Also, the United States Law states if a person has one drop of black blood then they are black. These are the Facts. Halle Berry is totally correct.

Jade

#948 Robyn, I couldn't have said it better!

What you people fail to understand is what it’s like to be "biracial". For the majority of Americans this is how they view us. When I am around the white side of my family they treat me funny. I get treated like an outsider especially by my older relatives. I am the same complexion as Halle’s baby and my hair is curly. When I am around my black relatives I feel more accepted. I am viewed by white people as something other than white.

I always get asked what are you? Are you black by them. So if you have any color to your skin you are viewed as black not biracial. That’s Halle’s point. She was viewed as black her whole life not half white. In the beginning of her career in Hollywood she was only given black roles in black movies. Now we want to say she’s half white? B.S.

lena

The child's father is NOT WHITE, he is a person who lacks melanin, as is Halle's mom,NOT WHITE, she is melanin deficient... so yes, both Halle & her child are people of color.

William

We won't know her color until she reaches puberty. If she has 2 or more kids outta wedlock and ends up on welfare then we will have confirmation.

Pat

If Nahla was the child of non-celebrities, when she begins school, she would be referred to as 'Black' if someone needed to describe her. Just being realistic: someone who looks at her will not see a White child and society still refers to children and adults who do not look "pure" Caucasian as Black/Hispanic/etc.

LOLZ

She's more Canadian than she is black! lol! And all you retards out there Halle is half black, half caucasian!

amber

WOW Could Halle be racist?

Abbie

She doesn't look white but technically you are what your father is which is white. But at the end of the day society will remind her that she is black. Racism and bigatry is not dead and will always continue because of hateful ignorant people.

marcia

Stop race mixing and we won't have these problems, and confused kids down the line..............problem solved!

Posted at 5:17 PM on Feb 9, 2011 by Zoe#1
_______________________________________________________________

Well, looks like someone has dragged their hooded sheet out of the closet....

Sersi

This argument is very pathetic... It should not matter what nationality the child is nor religion, what does matter is that these two put a big H on their chest and HANDLE the main priority which the care of this child, for them to act civil infront of her and others. The priority of arguments should be what schooling she should attend, her pediatrician should be close by, stuff like that ... not how much melanin she has in her skin .... smh

j

f88k you tony

Previous 15 Comments | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments