Barbra Streisand -- I Didn't Mean to Diss 'Glee'

2/13/2011 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barbra Streisand says she misspoke when she said would never appear on "Glee" -- when the reality is she's really just too busy to do it.

0213_Barbara_Streisand_glee_getty_ex
Babs was honored Friday night at the Grammy's MusiCares event, during which she was asked if she would ever do "Glee" -- her answer was, "Not if I can help it." Ouch!

Streisand tells TMZ she didn't mean it the way it sounded, telling us, "When asked if I would ever appear on ‘Glee,' I should have said, 'You never know.' It was wrong to say, 'Not if I can help it.'

She went on to clarify, "What I meant was that I’ve been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn’t take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn’t asked."

So you're saying there's a chance ...

OooooNooo!

The day that old cow appears on Glee is the day Glee officially jumps the shark.

Tellthetruth59

When will she make good her retirement threats? I'm still waiting. I think her expiration date was about 20 years ago.

documented_as_puzzling

poop salt ----

Dragonair

Go Babs! If you ever go on Glee, I'll lose all respect for you.... It does not, not, not deserve your talent.

bring back recent posts

..smart woman clarifying what she mean't, in this electronic age these older celebrities have to be soooooooooo careful what they say, I give her kudos, the younger ones should learn from her.

Dan

why would she want to ruin her career by going on this pathetic show.

OhNahNah

It's a sad day when genuine music talent has to justify themselves for crap like GLEE.

eddie

she runs off w/ her big mouth about politics and gets half of the country to hate her, doubt shes to worried about her carrier.

ROBERTO

She's so full of it! What she said the first time was exactly what she meant. "I'm too busy" does not appear before or after "Not if I can help it". Did she say anything good about GLEE?

w

right on #11 Eddie, Im with you on that!

Ben

The always mean the 1st thing that comes out of their lying mouths. Only when they get questioned on it does the back peddling begin.

tgrfan42069

lmao quick thinking by her...she ment what she said the first time.not if i can help it means she doesnt want to go on the show at all..if it was because her schedule was packed why not just say id love to do glee if my schedule would open up.

dencyb

She meant what she said the first time. She probably has never seen Glee, not that that would make a difference. Babs just doesn't "do" TV unless she's in charge. I am sure neither Glee nor Barbra will suffer from this.
But Babs, be a little nicer when you speak when you know people are listening.

Chia

I am glad they are considering someone who can actually sing (compared to Britney who lip syncs badly).

JJ

OK......great voice but she looks like a weathered DOG now.

Too Kooky to be of anyone's use except these Hollywood Liberal types.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments