Inspirational 'Idol' Raises $27K For Disabled Fiancee

2/16/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ever since "American Idol" hopeful Chris Medina revealed his financial struggles after a car accident left his fiancee partially paralyzed ... the couple has received thousands of dollars in donations ... TMZ has learned.

0215_american_idol_furnace_EX_launch_v2
We're told the money began pouring in from caring "Idol" fans after Chris explained how the couple was barely managing to cover the exorbitant medical bills. So far, we're told the donations have hit the $27,000 mark.

But the generosity isn't all in cash -- a local air conditioning and heating company donated a $4,000 furnace to Medina after hearing his heater was on the fritz. The company -- King Heating and A/C -- even installed it free of charge.

Chris is pretty stoked -- in fact, he plans to perform at the store as payback whenever his schedule opens up post-"Idol."

C

FINALLY, a genuinely good-hearted story that deserves the space on this site. These are exactly the type of people who need help and should benefit by use of media.

documented_as_puzzling

what about the children whose gonna help the children (insert pitifully concerned liberally feeling self centered attention leaching wh-re here) - (the pick is the thief of it all at hand) ----

documented_as_puzzling

no poop salt for this story just a feel good poop poo ---- eeeehhhh screw it poop salt for everybody - take it take take take it ----

Marc

Nice $200 beats by dre headphones he has on!

Chuck

This is how people should donate and help one another, instead of us giving money to these other countries think of what we can do for ourselves here in America. Lets help ourselves and leave other countries alone. We have starving people in the US and also without jobs and on disability like in this case. Help ourselves pay it forward!

Echo

TreeMileZune.... having worked a long time in social services I can assure you that people that a living without heat are desperate. If these people had any spare change lying around they wouldn't need a furnace. Brain injury accidents are one of the most expensive tragedies a family can experience because there is years of grueling therapies reimbursed at 50% by insurance companies if at all.

niles

Looks like a pretty nice house.

jwoolman

27K is a drop in the bucket. I ended up with 15K in bills for 3 days in the hospital for a measly UTI (the doctor was an idiot, all I needed was an antibiotic). So 27K sounds nice, but won't really pay much of their bills if the insurance company is playing the usual games, cherry picking what they will pay for.

Christy

#8- So true, I see it all the time also. Head injuries are some of the worst. King heating/air cond. should be commended. That was generous

lucy

No huge settlement. It was a single car accident. For more info, go to "For Juliana" on facebook.

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

I wish the best for this Idol Contestant. Hope that things get better under the cir***stance. He has a good voice and I will be routing for him. God Bless him and his Fiance..

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

Excuse me? Why was a normal word edited? Don't you guys know how to spell? I had NO puns it was a REAL word referring to the horrible situation they are both dealing with. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????? Can you guys get your mind out of the gutter????? I myself am a hand amputee from a car accident that someone else caused..And thank God I did not have this horrible fate that this guys Fiance has been dealt. I cannot how YOU GUYS turned a REAL WORD into a nasty innuendo.,. Unbelieveable

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

here's what's left of my hand...Harvey teach your editor to READ/SPELL..... and get your heads out of the gutter.. here's what left of my hand after and accident..

rach

always a sob story on these shows

niles

oK, I checked out the Facebook page, and it turns out her mother is running the show not Chris. She seems to be the primary caretaker and apparently this is her house. She even talks about hiring another caretaker and a T-shirt girl, whatever that is.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments