Ex 'Celebrity Rehab' Rocker Nabbed in Drug Bust

2/18/2011 4:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mike Starr -- the former bassist for Alice In Chains -- was busted for alleged drug possession in Salt Lake City, and TMZ has his mug shot.

0217_mike_starr_EX_TMZ

Starr was arrested and booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance early Thursday ... according to Salt Lake City PD arrest documents.

Starr was a patient on the third season of "Celebrity Rehab" back in 2009. He also appeared on the most recent season as an example of a celeb who got clean after appearing on the show.

It's unclear at this point what drug -- or drugs -- Star allegedly had at the time of his arrest. He is still behind bars ... held on a $20,000 bond.

babyz65

This is very sad to hear. Please dont give up Mike. You know that staying clean is "so worth it". Many people care, and are routing for you. Im not some nut, just someone that was touched by your story, and wants the best for you....Prayers to you...(@:

LOVE 2 BE LICKED!

It's either time to DIE or time to give this sh*t called life another chance....God knows your running out of chances!

KOOL GR33N

So disappointing. I thought he would really make it. I have no hope for him now. Dr. Drew needs to get off his high horse and really help these people.

Cartman

Way to throw your life away on drugs.

Be prepared to be the "Man in the Box" for real.

stupid

This is so sad, I was really hoping that he could keep his sobriety...and while we don't know that he was high...he did make another bad choice. My brother died of a drug overdose, and I can understand the guilt that Mike feels over the death of Layne Staley...the if only I had just...I understand completely. Mike, if it means anything, there are people out here who are really pulling for you and want you to succeed. Good luck, man.

Lisa

After watching him on celebrity rehab I honestly didn't think he would make it through and stay sober. He has so many problems. Hope he's not hooked on heroine again.

JLS

Very sad news. He has a horrendous addiction and certainly doesn't deserve input from poster no. 6 who has named him/herself after one of the largest right wing schools on the planet.

It's full of Mormoms who are intolerant of anyone different than they are. Intolerance is the school chant.

Crazy Bennett

I guess he's "Down in a hole" lol.

Sad sad

As Dr. Drew would say leave him there. Don't bail him out. Hope he gets well.

CHRIS

Enough he's way to old to keep doing this crap. He was just on the update show saying he was sober. Guess he's hopeless and a lost cause. I agree with post 6 grow up or die he's a lazy selfish person who doesn't deserve are empathy anymore.

RealityBites

I feel bad for him, watching your friend die while doing drugs with them usually makes someone turn around, but in his case those demons are not going away. I do hope that he gets his s**t together and gets clean so he can work again one day. Don't waste your God given talent Mike.

Phreaky

No doubt heroin. Damn this pisses me off. I really don't think he will ever be sober. His addiction problem was so much worse than any of those other idiots on that show. He's in a very bad place. :(

Angel

What a dumb-*zz

I oly feel bad for addicts that have no love, no family and use because of deep depression.

All these addicts with financial and emotional suport are selfish jack-*sses and I am sick of hearing about them.

If I played as well as he does, no way I would f*ck that up.

w addiction very well. It is not that d*mn hard to quit. I mean, c'mon!!!!

Clarissa

Poor guy. You could tell that he was permanently brain-damaged on the show.

mija

Typical loser can't even wait until the next season of Celebrity Rehab so he can make more money.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments