Ex 'Celebrity Rehab' Rocker Nabbed in Drug Bust

2/18/2011 4:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mike Starr -- the former bassist for Alice In Chains -- was busted for alleged drug possession in Salt Lake City, and TMZ has his mug shot.

0217_mike_starr_EX_TMZ

Starr was arrested and booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance early Thursday ... according to Salt Lake City PD arrest documents.

Starr was a patient on the third season of "Celebrity Rehab" back in 2009. He also appeared on the most recent season as an example of a celeb who got clean after appearing on the show.

It's unclear at this point what drug -- or drugs -- Star allegedly had at the time of his arrest. He is still behind bars ... held on a $20,000 bond.

sapphire

ok people it said he was in possession of, it doesn't say he has it in his system. Lets wait and see what the finished report says.Who knows he could have just picked that crap up and got caught with it right after. Utah lol land of the hypocrites.

Ernie

This guy is a piece of sh*t all he did was fake his way through rehab. If he wants to die let him die. He's a nobody and nobody is going to care. When he goes to jail and he's bubba bitch he's going to wish he was back in rehab. Once he's in jail he's the "New White Meat Bitch"

kim

Where does he get the money to buy drugs? Drugs are not cheap or free . . . And he is also supporting his Dad's drug use.
I felt sad for Mike when I saw his Dad using drugs with him. It seems like he needs to break ties with his Dad, just like Lindsey Lohan. Families that do drugs together are just wrong!!

WOW...

This is sad...but lets face it...a drug addiction as severe as his would need months and months, if not years of rehab....shame. Hope he can get real long term help this time. I am sure Dr. Drew is on his way to save the day...when does the next season of celeb rehab start anyway?

NickSunset

LOL. Doctor Drew is having about as much success as that FAT SHOW Biggest Loser. Have you seen the past winners of that Show they have all blimpled back to their original size.

Doctor Drew is working on his 3rd Exploit show called "RELAPSE with DOCTOR DREW". Biggest Loser Sequel show will be "CRAP I AM FAT AGAIN.

NickSunset

Sapphire, you are brilliant. O.J. was covered in Blood but of course he did not kill the waiter and Nicole.

Sapphire are you one of those bend over liberals? Mike needs some time in Prison like Robert Downey Journey to fix his ass.

Jay

Wow I thought he was just on the rehab show talking about how well he was doing then again Tom Sizemore was on too.

Selebraties Suck

I knew he wouldn't stay sober. He lives in the past, refuses to grow up and is totally enabled by his parents. His parents have given up their lives to care for this "man".

People, don't enable the addicts in your life. If you really love them, give them a bottom line and stick to it.

DetroitRocks

I bet 80% of the people on Dr Drews shows relapse. All they help is Dr Drews bank account

Sherms

OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I was so pulling for Mike. Loved him in the band, loved him in the show. Man, I hope he can turn this around.

Christy

I did not have high hopes for this guy after watching Celebrity Rehab. He does need YEARS of rehab in a half way house. He has major issues.

hahahha

You mean 30 days in rehab and a "sober" house in the hollywood hills doesn't work?? If Drew was serious instead of being about exploiting people, he would have these people in 90 day programs not in LA.

Monica Williams

This is real sad I hope he does get help for his addiction. I was really hoping that he would be ok.

by

This guy was such an assss on the show as I'm sure he is in real life.

by