'Two and a Half Men'

Shut Down After TMZ Story

2/25/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned "Two and a Half Men" will immediately stop production for the rest of the season ... because of Charlie's escapades in the last few days ... most recently what he said to TMZ.

Two and a Half Men Shutdown
CBS and Warner Bros. say, "Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season."

The decision comes several hours after TMZ posted a story in which Charlie Sheen challenged creator Chuck Lorre to a fight, calling him "a stupid, stupid little man and a pu**y punk that I never want to be like."

Sources connected with the production tell us ... Charlie's comments to TMZ were the final straw.

No word on whether production will resume next season.

Kelly

I'm astonished to see people siding with Charlie Sheen on this. I feel sorry for him and his state of mental health, and I don't particularly like the show anyway since it is a bunch of bathroom and sex one-liner jokes. But his public abuse of Chuck Lorre was absurd and uncalled for. He has even said that he knew the show would be cancelled if he acted out, so he did.

No matter what his problem was with Chuck Lorre, and I doubt that it was 'real' anyway, attacking him publicly and making anti-semetic remarks was totally inappropriate. That's childish behavior. And he cost many other people their livelihood. Not only the other actors as some have mentioned, but all that work for the show from the writers down to the people who take care of costumes, cleaning the set and production areas, and caterers. I saw an article where he has called his fans to band together against Chuck Lorre -- does he realize that to do so is to condone his actions which have cost so many behind the scenes people their paycheck?

Jerri

Hope the other actors find work right away. It's ashame when a show depends on one (ass) actor. Jon Cryer was more of an actor than Charlie would ever think of being. All of Charlie's lines were one-liners. Jon Cryer carried the scenes. We'll see a "reality" show of Charlies life. Although it will have to be aired on Cinamax. Good luck to the other actors.

Kelly

@361 -- Your prejudice shows your lack of education, intellience, and compassion.

Everyone is accusing Chuck Lorre of canceling the show, but clearly from the articles it was a decision made by a group of quite a few executives. It is very unlikely that Chuck Lorre would have the authority to do that on his own, or that any producer at a major network does.

Billie

With the recent reports of Charlie Sheen's drug use - why hasn't he been arrested? Also, I thought that the men who used the services of prostitutes were breaking the law. It appears that Charlie Sheen has gotten a pass on following the laws unlike the common citizen who would be in prison for doing what he has done.

Also, he acts as if he was the only reason for the success of Two and a Half Men which is shameful in regards to how the contributions from the talented and respectable cast members and producers of the show held it together.

B_iG D--oC

Wow look at TMZ trying to make this about them....
"'Two and a Half Men' Shut Down After TMZ Story"
Sorry TMZ CBS didnt stop production because of "your" story its because of his Radio show rant. A-Holes. oh and as far as legitimate journalist... you arent, as a matter of fact none of your so called writers are legitimate journalist. your an overblown gossip column thats it. nothing but hot stinky garbage.

Joe

"Of course Lorre would whine like a little bitch and have it shut down for the season, he has Mike and Molly to fall back on. Just great CBS next why don't you ****tards then shut down The Mentalist, all the C.S.I.'s, and The Big Bang Theory."

Because the stars of those shows aren't a bunch of drug and alcohol addicts who are impossible to work with. Why the hell are you defending Charlie Sheen? His behavior is deplorable, and he's an embarrassment to his entire family. Personally, he should be taken out in the woods and done away, if for no other reason than to rid us of his idiocy.

Charlie Sheen is the only one to blame. Besides, he was was stealing money on that show. He didn't have to deliver at all, because that role was easy. Any no name actor could pull of that role with no problem. It's one of the cushiest roles ever.

Rolla.Ink

OMG! I JUST CAME FROM MY LIVING ROOM , WHERE MY MOM FLICKED THE TV TO E NEWS OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED WHERE THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT THE UPCOMING ACADEMY AWARDS AND THIS CHARLIE SHEEN STORY. I CAME TO MY COMPUTER TO TRY TO ESCAPE THAT STORY AND FIND AND TRY SOMETHING NEW ( LIKE A BLOG SITE)AND HERE IS THIS STORY FOR THE 3RD TIME IN MY FACE IN LESS THAN AN OUR. HERE IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. IF THE DUDE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS ONGOING CAREER OR HIS FUTURE MONEY AT THAT I'M ASKING WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE?. FOR GOD SAKES HE'S A GROWN ASS OLD MAN AND I'M ONLY 17 AND NO RIGHT FROM WRONG.

YES I PARTY AND DO ALL THAT FUN STUFF BUT I'M A TEEN "PERIOD". THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN BUSINESS AND HAPPY HOUR.

BEING IN HIS POSITION (HOLLYWOOD) YOU HAVE TO BE SNEAKY WITH YOUR STUFF ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR ACTING DIRTY. COME ON DUDE YOUR OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY GRANDPA ON TOP OF THIS YOU HAVE DAUGHTER'S. YOUR JUST SETTING AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT A MAN "SHOULD NOT DO".

HEY I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF "TWO AND A HALF MAN" BUT I FOUND
MYSELF WATCHING IT WHEN I HAD NO CABLE AND IT'S ACTUALLY A PRETTY COOL SHOW. IT MADE ME LAUGH THROUGH OUT WITH ALAN BEING MY FAVORITE CHARACTER.

FOR ALL I CARE I CAN SURVIVE WITH RE-RUNS OF THE SHOW JUST LIKE THEY CURRENTLY DO WITH THE OLD SITCOM "FRIENDS".

By. Rolla.Ink

ym

I have never watch the show and I am glad I did not . How could anybody siding with Sheen!!!!! I am sorry he has an illness. He is dillusional, people lost their jobs because of his addiction, behaviour. Do you think because you dont like Jews, you have lost your mind, cant think properly,or you are just like Sheen but without the money.

fuckyall

your all ****ing retards....

Charlie Sheen is one the best......jealous mother****ers for being worthless and working at JC Penney.

windows 8 forum

What a pity! What Charles should do then!

www.forumswindows8.com
www.winforum.com

mb online shoes

That is very kind of you to do this for us, thank you very much, you can have a look at the healthy shoes of mbt at http://www.mbt4-online.com

kandersch

I actually love this show. It's unique, funny and entertains millions of male and female viewers. I'm actually surprised that the show has lasted this long. It's certainly on the edge.

It's a bummer that Charlie Sheen hasn't been able to get a grip on his life. He is constantly sabotaging himself. The show was perfect for him and He carried it well, at least until now. I feel bad for the other cast members. I will miss this show.

Kimberly Andersch

online jobs

Wow!! I guess he crossed the line with his anti-Semitic statements!

MM

How many other networks are champing at the bit to sign Charlie up for a new tv show? Two and a Half Men made CBS a ton of money, no doubt some other network will scoop Charlie up and all the ad revenue that goes with it. I bet as soon as the news hit the airwaves screenwriters were scrambling for their laptops, lol. So, all you disappointed Charlie Sheen fans, just wait for the fall line-up of tv shows to be announced. Don't be surprised if your idol shows up on TBS.

k

I cannot believe Charlie is not doing the show, I love him!!!