Nate Dogg Dead at 41

3/16/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hip-hop star Nate Dogg died Tuesday after battling health issues for several years ... TMZ has confirmed.

Nate Dogg Dead
Nate Dogg -- real name Nathaniel D. Hale -- had survived strokes in 2007 and 2008 ... and was famous for his smooth vocal collaborations with Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Warren G. and Dr. Dre to name a few.

The Press Telegram in Nate's hometown of Long Beach, CA first reported his death late Tuesday night.

Nate was 41 years old.

LadyC

NATE DOGG IS A LEGEND DEAD OR ALIVE.HE MADE EVERY RAPPERS SONG A HIT.IF YOU KNEW NATE DOGGS MUSIC THEN YOU KNEW TRUE HIP HOP.WITHOUT NATEDOGG WHAT WE'LL HAVE JUST RAPPERS ON AUTOTUNE.I TRULY TOOK THIS HARD AND REALLY SEND MY HEART OUT TO FAMILY AND THE REST OF FANS THAT ARE FILLING THIS EMPTY FEELING.R.I.P NATE AND LETS CONTINUE TO KEEP HIM ALIVE THROUGH HIS MUSIC.

Denise (562-LBC)

Shout out to Nate Dogg!! It seems like a lil piece of LBC died today ...He will be truly missed..

Brenda

Sad to hear of his death:_( Unexpected and way to young! R.I.P

JOOH

life is soo sweet but its too short RIP Nate Dogg

mateen

Smoke weed everyday....!

Long Beach Larry

West Coast Forever DOGG!!!! Because of you i ONLY wear blue.R.I.P. Greg G and now you... what is the world comming to.

melissa

you'll b truely missed, an always in my thoughts. R.I.P

john

R.I.P nate dogg we all will miss you dearly

Regina

I was very shocked to hear the news ...west coast and the world lost a very talented person ...rapp on nate Dogg

Vic

R.I.P. Nate Dogg U sexy MF! The Best and the Smoothest voice in RAP! Your memory will live on in a Big way.

nate curtis

i remember my first cd i got of his and i only got it because my friends called me Nate Dogg haha love the dude! R.I.P

como

we had a good time dancing to yo music in Galveston! will be sadly miss!

Showilly D-RWBz

RIP nate dogg to his family keep ya head up, we jst lost one of the best rap supper star....., still smoking wat?? kush, 1 love, 1

ryan

Nate Dogg was rap music may he rest in peace and God give his family the grace and understanding to deal with their loss.

robert

its to hard to believe wats true and and fake when i heard ND died it was hard i shead tears for him and still cant get over it he will be dearly missed and my prayers go to his family and loved ones and his legened will live on RIP Nate Dog