Nate Dogg Dead at 41

3/16/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hip-hop star Nate Dogg died Tuesday after battling health issues for several years ... TMZ has confirmed.

Nate Dogg Dead
Nate Dogg -- real name Nathaniel D. Hale -- had survived strokes in 2007 and 2008 ... and was famous for his smooth vocal collaborations with Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Warren G. and Dr. Dre to name a few.

The Press Telegram in Nate's hometown of Long Beach, CA first reported his death late Tuesday night.

Nate was 41 years old.

ace11

It figures... just another dead gangsta

he probably sold crack on the side and had 6 kids with 5 women

just a way of life in the hood

Alfred G. Sanchez

To A Real Gangest Rapper, RIP NATE DOGG from da LBC to da SA(Santa ana,CA)

blondie

how very sad. r.i.p.

blondie

how very sad. r.i.p.

WIlliam

YEs sad day in hip hop rite now. His late 90's rhymes turned rap into true music that u wanted to hear. He would sing about his style and life hood. I got hoes in different area codes!! Thats my **** lol dam nate, miss u dogg.

Philip S

This is the saddest day thus far for the community, I grew up listening to Nate Dogg; He and his work will be missed. Peace and Love goes out to his family.

ViL

R.I.P Nate Dogg, another Hip Hop Great gone too soon♥

karlew

Not a rap fan, but 41 is way too young to go. R.I.P.

BellaSara22

WOW..R.i.P. NATE DOGG<3 i love u! heard about it last nite at 11pm on Kday..immediately sparked a fat Kush Blunt in memory bumping his tunes..he's def. a rap legend and has been for 2 decades..i remember singing regulators at age 6 and jammming to The Chronic. He was still making songs top charts before his 1st stroke..he will b truely missed and is and will always b a legend! thank you for blessing us w/ur lyrical talent! ..while the West Coast rolls along..We Love u Nate Dogg! <333

BSmith

Why are you NOT REPORTING WHERE or exactly WHEN Nate Dogg died? Since you've "confirmed" it why aren't you citing a hospital report?

Christopher Kandrat

RIP Nate Dogg. I always remember his greatness with snoop dog.

my opinion

RIP Nate Dogg is the Godfather of west coast rap he was numero uno

RIP Nate Dogg

The Rap Industry has lost a legend

One of my favorite rappers

cynthia

R.I.P Nate Dogg my prayers goes out to ur family nd friends for thier lost love one.May GOD bless them.

DERRICK from the boot.

I want to send prayers to the family of Nate Dogg. This cat was the smoothest brother in Hip Hop. There will never be another West coast hip hop (crooner) like Nate.... He will be missed. R.I.P.

LBjim

RIP Nate..Long Beach forever!!