Lindsay Probation Report: She's Been Drinking Again!

3/17/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's probation report says she's been drinking fermented tea that contains alcohol -- yeah, big whoop.

0316_lindsay_lohan_PCN
Sources familiar with the report tell TMZ ... Lindsay fessed up to her probation officer ... she was drinking Kombucha tea, which has an alcohol content of 0.5% or less ...  and now the L.A. County Probation Department added it to the list of reasons why the judge should violate her probation and send her to jail.

Lindsay was so bold ... she actually left one of her alcohol ed classes clutching a bottle of Kombucha.

That plea bargain's sounding better than ever.

reily

California , the cops , the DA and the Lawyers not to mention the Law get to look worse each day and Lindsay gets to look better . This case will make her a martyr before it is finished .
Just a question , why did her PO let her go to NY ? Dont they have tea there ?
Best let this case go before your all certified insane.

beachgal

Probation report says she's drinking a tea that children drink? lolol

Go to trial Lindsay if you're innocent, keep this off your record---

You only need one juror for a mistrial, you won't be re-tried.. and who knows you may even be acquitted, this is L.A.

And be gracious to the store, they didn't want to press charges, it was a misunderstanding - it's great PR for you to be nice. Think jury. :)

LA me

She drinks that as a cover so that when she gets caught during a pee test she can blame her vodka shots on the tea.

Think like an addict and you will understand the blohan, grasshoppa.

Posted at 12:59 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Cartman
_________________________________

Cartman
I am totally with you on this one!! She comes up on a dirty test....then blames it on the "Tea".

That being said....while I was in sober living, I came up with a dirty test for opiates. Turns out it was the poppy seeds on the bread I was buying. I had heard that this was a risk, but waved it off....thinking "yea right, can't happen to me". It did and I was warned and didn't listen because I was pig-headed. But, I took full responsibility for my stupidity.

In the end, they let me off with a warning...especially considering opiates or any other downers were not "my cup of tea" as my condiment of choice.

Us addicts are a crafty bunch. We can come up with really fantastic excuses. My saving grace was that I WANTED to get clean....as opposed to wanting other to think I am clean.

Lindsay is a LOST SOUL until she understands this! Been clean from drugs for 7 years now.

Nessie

This is the devastating and shocking thing in her probation report that could destroy her????

This is a joke. Whoever the source was who gave TMZ this information about this, you guys have been played!!!!

reily

Certified non alcholic beverages that are sold around here may contain .05% or less . It's looking more and more like a vindeta .

LA me

Posted at 1:50 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Nessie
________________________________

Nessie
TMZ never said this was the devastating information on her report. They said "the L.A. County Probation Department added it to the list of reasons why the judge should violate her probation and send her to jail".

Please read the whole post with comprehension and note the word "added". Hence, there other violations within the report.

Thinkabout-it

Actually, when you are placed on house arrest or probation you are told that you are NOT to use things such as Scope or listerine for this very reason. People who are alcoholics will drink the stuff if they are desperate. It is impossible to differentiate between scope and beer on a breathalizer test. I worked at a work release residential center (basically jail) and none of the offenders were allowed to bring in mouthwash that had alcohol in it. Some alchies will even drink rubbing alcohol or nyquil if they have nothing else......Probation officers know this stuff and inform offenders ahead of time that they are not to use them or they will be setting themselves up for a violation-period.

I WOULD consider this a violation of her order of probation. This chick just can't follow her conditions of probation and has a F-U mentality on everything.

LA me

_________________________________

Speaking of alcohol classes.....
When was the last time went to an AA meeting?? Does she have a sponsor?? What happened to her doing "extra classes" because she is so serious about her sobriety (oh, wait....that was before she tested positive last year). Hopefully Dina is not her Sponsor/Sober Coach.

Meme

Alcohol in tea? You Americans are so weird. In coffee, yeah. Tea? Not so much. Why the hell are you putting alcohol in tea (no matter how small) it's not needed.

Sad sad

Wiki: "Ethyl alcohol is drinking alcohol, but normally kombucha contains less than 0.5% alcohol, which classifies kombucha as a non-alcoholic beverage. Older, more acidic, kombucha might contain 1.0% or 1.5% alcohol, depending on more anaerobic brewing time and higher proportions of sugar and yeast."

Whatever. Have fun with arguing that.

Meme

@ reilly "Let me get this right , you can knock out a womans teeth and not go to jail but drink tea and goodbye ! "

Just look at all the people on Mel's side 'cos his ex bonk is a gold digger so that means it's okay to knock her teeth out. These same people probably slagged off Denise Richards until Carlos went mental in public then they were all "oh I thought she was lying but now..."

LA me

Posted at 2:10 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Meme
________________________

They aren't "putting" alcohol in the tea. It is tea from fermented spores. Check your resources.

Vodka from potatoes
Gin from Sloes (plums)
Tequila (agave, and other things)
etc....

You can basically ferment lots of things into alcohol. Beer can be made from apples.

Meme

@ Sad sad

"depending on more anaerobic brewing time and higher proportions of sugar and yeast."

Right, they should be done under the trade descriptions act (if you have one in the US) because TEA does not involve sugar or yeast. Beer does. Tea is tea leaves, the end!

LA me

Posted at 2:15 AM on Mar 17, 2011 by Meme
___________________________________

Um...Meme...Do you even KNOW (let alone having met) Denise and Charlie?? Pray tell!! I'd love to hear.

Meme

@ LA me,

Look at your examples. Potatoes are no longer potatoes when they are vodka. Gin is from juniper berries, btw. Do people buy a litre of potato juice? No. Different product, different name.

It's no longer what it once was once it's fermented and I've honestly never heard of anything alcoholic made from tea until now.