Chris Brown

Violent Outburst

at 'GMA'

3/22/2011 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown exploded in rage behind the scenes at "Good Morning America" this morning ... smashing a window and storming out without a shirt ... sources tell TMZ ... and it was triggered by on-air questions about the Rihanna incident.

ABC sources tell TMZ ... Brown performed and was interviewed by Robin Roberts live from the Times Square studio when she began asking about the infamous incident.

Chris Brown Good Morning America

Brown tried to redirect the questions to focus on his album -- but Roberts continued to ask about Brown's legal issues stemming from the Rihanna incident.

We're told after the interview, Brown freaked out, storming into his dressing room and screaming so loud, the people in hair and makeup became alarmed and called security.

We're told Brown was out of control, and one source present tells us he smashed a window in his dressing room, and the glass shattered and some shards fell onto 43rd and Broadway.  ABC security tells TMZ ... the window was shattered with a chair.

We're told by the time security rushed the area, Brown had ripped off his shirt and left the building, blowing off another performance he was supposed to do for the ABC website.

And sources say ... on his way out of the building, Brown confronted a segment producer, got in his face and stared him down.   People from the show got in between Chris and the producer to defuse the situation.

Remember -- Brown is on probation for the felony beating and he's required to obey all laws.

UPDATE 6:49 AM PT:  Brown just tweeted, "I'm so over people bringing this past s**t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bulls**t."

UPDATE 6:59 AM PT: Brown has already deleted the previous tweet ... and added a new one that reads, "All my fans!!! This album is for you and only you!!! I'm so tired of everyone else!! Honestly!! I love team breezy!!"

UPDATE 7:48 AM PT: Glass workers just showed up to fix the window.

0322_window_repair_TMZ

0322_chris_brown_footer

shamice Hawkins

Shut The **** Up , Everyone mess up yall sound dum this **** was mad old hop off his ****kk

kayla brisco

get off chris brown nuts...that trick never should of brought up the rihanna thing he tryin 2 move on and do him... and yall do praise charlie sheen for his bs.... he tryin 2 promote his new album but yall some haterz

his true fan

MoStar

I have to agree with Chris. I think a lot of people are extremely hypocritical when they think that a transgression that they committed 2 years later must still be brought up. Was he wrong, definitely but damn.....really...there was nothing before that incident nor since? I wonder how many people who have done anything wrong in their life would hold up if they were attempting to move on and do right but yet had it repeatedly thrown in their face. There is only one judge. And I am not it. So maybe people need to look at themselves.....and decide what wrongs they need to right. And allow others to move on and grow.....

cbreezylover

Its not his fault. I would've hate if somebody brought up what happend in the pass. I agree with Chris Brown and I would've done the same thing.

girvan herman

he was wrong to beat up rihana. he suffered the consequences but for god's sake give the guy a break. we have all done wrong.

na

hes amazing leave him alone were all human and we make mistakes IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO GET OVER IT

Nicole

I am disgusted with everyone's judgment against this KID. Chris Brown is 21 years old. I mean damn. REALLY YA'LL?! What did you do at 21?! I am sure there are some things in life that we have all done that we are not proud of that we would not want anyone to know about. You don't even know this guy. People calling him douche bags and all this crazy s**t. I mean what the f**k?! It just sounds like "white America" on their pedestal yet again. Yep and other people of other ethnicities have made their anti-Chris Brown comments too, but most because they know that if something is not acceptable to "white America" it is not social ably acceptable. And FYI it is black people that put and kept Chris Brown on, the same way black people did for Michael Jackson when white America dissed him. I really hate what Chris did in terms of his reactions and actions for his own sake. I don't condone his behavior. I will say that he is still young and ignorant (and I use that word appropriately) as to knowing how to handle all that is going on in his life, the music industry, media, etc. GMA was dead a** wrong for bringing that s**t up. Talking about someone's personal business is not NEWS WORTHY for anyone!!!! News to what audience? The music/entertainment industry is brutal. If somebody wants you NOT to succeed, then you won't. Chris Brown needs to take notes from Usher and Omarion who stated and realized they will never be at the tippy top like Chris or Justin Bieber because they refuse to do that extra. For everyone who did the "extra" look what happened to them, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Lindsay Lohan, Sam Cooke, Brittany Spears, Judy Garland. I am out of the country and I just had to see wth was going on with people coming down on this KID. He is human man. You don't know wth was going on in Chris and Rhianna's relationship. THEY BOTH HAVE grown up in violent homes. They BOTH were given a lesson by the universe to GROW and LIVE and LET GO OF THEIR PAST.

shna-na

dam somebody got to do it go CHRIS BROWN LOVE YA

helen

honestly i dont blame him because that news lady kept bringing it up even after he hinted that he didn't want to talk about it. and i know its her job but there's this little thing called privacy and she just crossed those of privacy so forget her. GOOOO TEAM BREEZYYYY !!!

amanda

que desilucion!!!!! el proyecta una persona tan diferente!! no se como pudo cambiar tanto!! me da asclo...

amanda

que desilucion con el!!! se que las personas cambia pero el en vez de hacerlo para bien la hace para mal! vuelve atras por favor!!!!

Sirabi Postell

LIKE SERIOUSLY..I THINK DAT EVERYBODY SHOULD JUX GET OFF OF DAT SUBJECT B-CUZ HE IS A GROWN ASS MAN....S/N nd he is not a violent person....,,,, some ppl hit things jux 2 remove anger 4rm their body, BIG DEAL!!!

MrsBrezzy

ITS SOOOOO FUNNY THAT PEOPLE SAY LET THE PAST BE THE PAST, BUT IT SEEMS TO ME THAT TMZ AND ALOT OF OTHERS STILL LIVE IN THE PAST. THIS HAPPEN IN 2007 IT IS NOW 2011 NEWS FLASH FOR ALL OF YOU "GET OVER IT AND GROW THE F*** UP". LIKE MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAY " THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE A MAN SNAP IF YOU PUSH THAT BUTTON HE WILL AND HE WILL GIVE YOU REACTION." WHO KNOWS HOW MANY TIMES RIHANNA PUSH THAT BOTTON. SO I DO UNDERSTAND WHY CHRIS BROWN SNAP ON TMZ AND SO WOULD I O.M.G GROW THE FU** UP. "OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW". LOVE MRS BREZZY

lisa

Its funny how everyone on chris nuts he messed he know he dont need constant reminder he messed up dont see asking ole boy who played football how has bounced back from raping womwn out here nah thats not yall concern at all. Hang chris brown and act like the football player never RAPED as in took sum1 goods with out permission. One have always learned dont hit no one i mean no one and not expect to get ya ass hit back! all hail to the rapist get alife all yall mofo

Dee

Personally , I believe Chris Brown has been threw alot . Robin shouldn't have continued to ask questions about the Rihanna incident . Like he said , move on , it has happend from 2 years. He was there to focus on the ALBUM . No, I'm not saying Chris Brown actions were accpetable , I just believe Robin shouldnt have continued to ask questions about Rihanna. He's a successful young man trying to move on from the past , but people continue to bring his past up . Everytime I hear his song on the radio , I just get excited saying : Wow , Chris Brown has come a long way . Basically , I'm trying to say is EVERYBODY HOP OFF CHRIS BROWN D'CK . He's successful . I love you Chris Brown #teambreezy !

Previous 15 Comments | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments