Chris Brown

Violent Outburst

at 'GMA'

3/22/2011 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown exploded in rage behind the scenes at "Good Morning America" this morning ... smashing a window and storming out without a shirt ... sources tell TMZ ... and it was triggered by on-air questions about the Rihanna incident.

ABC sources tell TMZ ... Brown performed and was interviewed by Robin Roberts live from the Times Square studio when she began asking about the infamous incident.

Chris Brown Good Morning America

Brown tried to redirect the questions to focus on his album -- but Roberts continued to ask about Brown's legal issues stemming from the Rihanna incident.

We're told after the interview, Brown freaked out, storming into his dressing room and screaming so loud, the people in hair and makeup became alarmed and called security.

We're told Brown was out of control, and one source present tells us he smashed a window in his dressing room, and the glass shattered and some shards fell onto 43rd and Broadway.  ABC security tells TMZ ... the window was shattered with a chair.

We're told by the time security rushed the area, Brown had ripped off his shirt and left the building, blowing off another performance he was supposed to do for the ABC website.

And sources say ... on his way out of the building, Brown confronted a segment producer, got in his face and stared him down.   People from the show got in between Chris and the producer to defuse the situation.

Remember -- Brown is on probation for the felony beating and he's required to obey all laws.

UPDATE 6:49 AM PT:  Brown just tweeted, "I'm so over people bringing this past s**t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bulls**t."

UPDATE 6:59 AM PT: Brown has already deleted the previous tweet ... and added a new one that reads, "All my fans!!! This album is for you and only you!!! I'm so tired of everyone else!! Honestly!! I love team breezy!!"

UPDATE 7:48 AM PT: Glass workers just showed up to fix the window.

0322_window_repair_TMZ

0322_chris_brown_footer

paul

What laws did he break? I mean good for him. I think he is a punk and would never listen to his music but gotcah journalism has got to end. Everyone, no matter how bad, everyone deserves a chance to move on.

Nunya

So much for anger management!

Whirligig

I feel for him. Though I don't agree with his actions in the past, I think he's paid his time for them. If I were in his position and I was trying to jump start my career, I would probably be annoyed and humiliated by the questioning. And because he had this bit of a meltdown in an ABC dressing room, I bet the whole thing is blown out of proportion, as always, by the media.

Amy

Glad to see he's got his anger problems under control
1 He's such an ugly loser!!!

justme

HE DID THIS BECAUSE HE WAS IRRITATED AT QUESTIONS? BREAKING A WINDOW BECAUSE SOMEONE KEPT ASKING QUESTIONS HE DIDN'T LIKE? WHAT A TWO YEAR OLD BRAT- HIS MOMMA MUST BE SO PROUD.

TopRamen247

Just when I wanted to like the guy again cause I though he had learned his lesson, he proves what a complete douchebag he really is. His record label must be thrilled with his latest tantrum - so thrilled, they're willing to tear up his contract and tell him to get lost. Little punk-ass weasel thinks he's all that? What a loser!!

Tiffany

When are people going to move on? He made a mistake, as we all do? Clearly, he is trying to move on and Robin kept asking "Rihanna" questions. On another note, the anger management classes clearly aren't working.

BroRo

TYPICAL!!!!

Dan

What do you expect when Robin Roberts is doing the interviewing. She's one of THE WORST interviewers on TV. I'd run away screaming after having to sit with her.

Karla

Uh......I don't think he was there to talk about Rhi-Rhi. He was there to promote his album. He's probably sick of this s**t. Let him move on with his life. Everybody tells people to let it go...well she should have let it go when she saw he didn't want to answer. #herfault

cregis

I'm sure GMA loved his "performance". Maybe this was all staged for publicity.

Talika

I THINK ROBIN ROBERTS IS SUCH A *** FOR GOING THERE, THEY NEED TO STOP TRYING TO PUT HIM DONT MOVE ON. EVERY BODY DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE. THERE IS SO MANY MEN OUT THERE THAT IS A REAL DAM ABUSER AND THEY PRESSURING THEM LET THEM LEAVE CHRIS BROWN ALONE!!

Sarah

He is just NOT a man and never will be. The only thing about him that is interesting/worth talking about is that he beat Rihanna up, I would love to hear a sincere word about those events come out of his mouth but he still does not get it, he does not see what he did as wrong.

Ty

Great progress... You cannot be provoked like this by freaking words, questions. Thats completely immature. He hasnt changed one bit. I think he is still a danger to women, if his gf provokes him like this would he storm out or hit her ? And after all the smiles and oh im a changed man BS before the judge...

aleximaq

*yawn* I am sure this is blown out as usual...I love this kid...I really do...he really got a bad deal for kicking rhianna's azz, when she started the damn fight in the first place...We really need to start teaching our girls to walk away just like we teach our boys..if your reaction to something you don't like is to flip out and "beat" someone "about the head with a high heel shoe" then please, for the love of cheese and crackers, expect to get your azz kicked. If you can not control yourself, then don't expect the same of others...

Oh, and the last time I checked....we are ALL required to obey all the laws at all time....sheesh....