Robin Roberts

Chris Approved My

Rihanna Q's

3/22/2011 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could question him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

Robin Roberts

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to fire off "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, sources say no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

UPDATE 9:19 AM: After Roberts left the "GMA" building, she posted on her Twitter page, "Sure has been an interesting AM @GMA. Still sorting thru everything myself. Just my 2nd day on twitter, wonder what tomorrow will bring?"

jen

#157 Whats Up.....spill........

Haha

Is that Chris Brown or an old photo of Sisqo?

Nina

What is with all this race stuff? I'M BLACK and feel that this guy should not have been forgiven in the first place! Barely anyone here is blaming his attitude on the fact that he's black, but moreso on the fact that he's an immature, aggressive and destructful young man. Stop using the black card. I'd love to see my people in the best and most positive light, but I will not keep a blind eye at their wrongs!

karefree

#153

Thankfully no one knows or cares who you are, so your skeletons can stay hidden in the closet. You have no right to judge him. For all we know YOU could be a child molesting, woman beater. Not cool, huh? If you want to critique his music, dancing, and acting go right ahead. But no one has the right to make judgments about anyone’s personal life, especially since you don’t know him. Hopefully you are not one of those losers that get all their news from TMZ. They get it wrong, more than they get it right.

Shellyray

Although I am not a follower of Chris Brown, I think if He is there (GMA) to plug his new album then they should have done just that. Stop rehashing thepast, the man is trying to get on with his life...He completed all his obligations, now move on. I don't care if He agreed to speak about it...all you want is the dirt, never do anything good, Shame on you Robin, Shame on GMA. That's why I don't watch you!

Carolyn

He kept saying he was there to talk about the new album and nothing else. Granted Chris Brown should have been prepared to deal with all questions but I do believe that Robin saw she was getting to him and she purposely pushed a little harder with each question and comment. Robin absolutely set him up to fail and unfortunately he fell right into her scheme.

cathy

I wonder how those anger management classes worked? http://newsy1.wordpress.com

Jennifer

Robin was absolutely WRONG. The past had nothing to do with his new album. He is trying to move on. I am sure that everyone notice that Robin was chosen to do the interview. You know, LET THE BLACK DESTROY THE BLACK. STOP THE YOUNG BLACK MAN FROM PROGRESSING IN HIS YOUTH AND HE WON'T BE A THREAT IN THE FUTURE. No one ask Emienm any such questions. It is so easy not to look at Good Morning America now days. It is so easy for Robin to get on T.V. and fake all kinds of emotions fake tears and all and nobody questions her or berates her. You know why because ABC know that they can depend on her to Stop a young talented Afro American Male from a good productive future. I am done with Good Morning America. I know that means nothing to them because I too am an African American and not needed in their world. Robin Needs to remember where she came from and hope that her darkest secrets are not revealed before she reveal them.

Abusement76

I want to see Chris Brown & Bam Margera duke it out for the title! Since both pukes have a history of picking on women. Come on TMZ make it happen!!!!

sassybeest

I like Chris Brown because he dates black women like a good black man should. It's evidence of the way he takes responsibility. He doesn't flake out on his own people by chasing some mirage represented by white women, who the closer she gets the more out of reach she becomes.

Posted at 10:16 AM on Mar 22, 2011 by offtheproperty
****************************************************************
LOL! @ mirage Ok first of all what does this post have to do with his tantrum this AM. And secondly you sound silly has heck. And thirdly you sound like you have a grudge lol

Herbalmanager

@Janie
and no one saw him beat the F... out of Rhiana. Come on now...

the truth

get this lil ***** under control! Damn a disgrace to us black folks!

doink

That broad was completely kissing his ass in that "interview". S***bag has to expect questions about the fact that he turned a chick's face into hamburger and why people should want to by music from this type of s***.

darrel brayton

CHRIS BROWN RESPONDS TO GMA BLOW UP!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qktcPGvgm7Q

free

He wasn't set up
He hasn't paid for his mistakes (no real jail time for beating a girl and strangling her unconscious)
No matter- his reaction says he still has violent tendencies
** We gotta stop defending black men. This aint Emmit Till! They can't all be innocent and entitled to move on with their lives (cause you think white men would be allowed).
It odd...black women are never granted these passes for bad behavior. The same folks who defend R.Kelly condemn the 14 yrold (who he DIDN'T abuse wink-wink) mother. And Ms. Roberts will catch hell (she alread has to explain herself) for setting Chris Up (Like Marion Barry in DC).
I guess black women don't count as black.