Robin Roberts to Chris Brown

Come Back to 'GMA'

3/23/2011 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts says she was "shocked like everybody else" when she heard about Chris Brown's violent outburst behind the scenes at "GMA" yesterday -- but now, she wants him back on the show!

032311_gma_robin_roberts_video
Roberts appeared on "Good Morning America" this morning -- and said, "We wish [Brown] the absolute best and...we've extended the invitation to him and I sure hope that he takes us up on it, because we'd love to have another chat with him."

Robin also insists she spoke with Chris about the Rihanna questions before yesterday's interview -- saying, "Anytime we have a guest here on the program, we let them know ahead of time the subject matter, the topics that we're going to discuss and we, even right before the interview, I said that to Chris and I was shocked like everybody else was."

No word if Brown plans to take "GMA" up on their offer.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Nunya

After he was heard cursing Robin out calling her a black b*tch no way I would ever want him back on the show. Screw the bastard!

gutsygirl

I think he showed who he is already. Why kiss his butt? So disappointed in ABC and Robin Roberts.

TXluvsMJ2

No. In this case I would follow along the lines of Kanye. Don't do it. Because they will try to make you admit that you knew that you would be asked about this beforehand. They will try to make you look bad...again.

Don't do it.

SaraBellum

Very gracious of Ms. Roberts and ABC, but Brown doesn't deserve such consideration.

janet

Chirs Brown is a talentless little boy with a very bad temper.

Who cares. Brown dodged a bullet. Put him in a windowless room.

Very lucky no one got hurt from the window. GMA would have gotten their butts sued big time.

Sandra

This guy is a violent hot head that does not get it!!! I like Robin but Chris Brown should not make another appearance on GMA!!! He should be charged and made to pay for damages !! Violent behaviour is not in any way acceptable!!!!!

Lilly

Something I find a bit 'off' with Robin's [awww poor Chris] demeanor, is the fact she started a twitter account the day before that interview. Hmmmm... nothing suspicious about that AT ALL. /sarcasm

bigred

GMA forget that LOSER. He is a violent person and doesn't deserve the fame. I will no longer watch GMA.

DizzKid

If he smart, which he not. He would go back on. Make a public fake *cough* I mean sincere apology. Perform + get positive rep for his LOL album, but I doubt this is going to happen.

GB

ABC is between a rock and a hard place. Charge Brown and face the uproar, or don't charge him and face it. Why ignore the very violence that got him into trouble in the first place? I bet TODAY would have called the police.

Jack

Robin Roberts is a ****. And her self righteous holier than thou attitude anly proves that she is a ****. If I were Chris Brown I'd go back on the show, and make sure it was live so that it aired when I told her she was a stupid ****ing ****. A ****ing dirty **** that can't stand by her agreements and has to blindside a guest with question that were deemed off limits. Robin Roberts is a ****. plain and simple

backfire

So let's get this clear. He takes a chair and busts out a window with chards of thick glass that could have fallen and killed someone on the street below....and you politely extend an invitation to come on the show again? What's wrong with this picture Robyn?

tifosi44

Maybe if ABC and Robin offered to kiss his feet and A**, he just might return? Why wouldn't you just press charges for damages and let the System do it's thing. This Brown is just a pathetic, violent, angry person that will hurt or kill someone soon enough, is this a NEWS FLASH to anyone??

Jake

Brown was just pissed because Robin Roberts is one tough lesbian. He knew he couldn't beat her like he wanted to because she would have beat the crap out of this POS!

Comedian Mike Baldwin

He's 21, and it shows. If he would have taken a second and been like "yeah, I am still Really sorry for doing that, I shouldn't have done it" instead of "I don't care about that, let's talk about my album", then maybe I (and probably you) wouldn't think he was such a douche right now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments