'Make-A-Wish' Kid to Barefoot C: Don't Call Us ...

3/30/2011 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten just learned a hard lesson ... late is not always better than never ... because she just got blown off by the family of a "Make-a-Wish" boy.

Barefoot Contessa

You'll recall ... Enzo -- a 6-year-old with cancer -- wanted to cook a meal with Ina, but she couldn't find the time.

After TMZ broke the story, Ina took lots of heat.  So Monday night she called Enzo's family and offered for them to come to the Food Network for a cookout.

Enzo's dad Adrian tells us ... the ship has sailed:  "I don't want to put my son through all these emotions.  We're better off just leaving everything the way it is."

As TMZ previously reported -- Enzo's new wish to swim with dolphins is already in the works, and Adrian tells us it will be fulfilled in August.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kp

can you do any more wrong to a kid

KateMae

I feel really bad for kids with cancer. My nephew was one of them. However, making a wish doesn't necessarily mean it will come true. Stop beating up on Ina Garten. She's a TV chef, not a social worker.

Bryan

Who cares?

YoMama

Good! Hope she loses her show because no one will watch it now.

kar

I don't blame this family for feeling this way. Some people have no compassion, it's all about work and making money.LIFE IS TO SHORT PEOPLE! GOD BLESS THIS FAMILY

jen

ina arse...anyone who followers her now is a loser...good for that family sticking up for themselves....good luck kid...

J

Happy to hear how the father stuck up for his son. This story really hurt my heart.

marie

Good for them! I really can't believe she did that. I was a fan of her and her show, but not anymore!

SantaFeJack

I whole-heartedly agree with #2: stop beating up Ina. If Harvey (or any other very busy celebrity) gets one of these wishes, does that necessarily mean he/she should drop everything in order to fulfill the child's wish? If you can, great; if you can't, well life goes on even for children with cancer. As it has for this child who is now focused on swimming with dolphins. Ease up, TMZ.

John

That was just crappy. I'm glad they didn't accept her offer.

However, just because someone has a terminal disease doesn't mean that others have to drop everything they are doing to make time. And what's so special about this case? I'm sure there are others who have terminal illnesses that would just like some love and attention.

I can see it now. More terminally ill patients making requests that get turned down and then notifying the press just because they can't get their way.

Hammer

Deserved!

Kristie

Douche!

AgentSTS

It's sad about the kid, but let's get real here. I wouldn't drop everything when the phone rang either, so why is this a story? Make an appointment if you want some of my time... while you still have time.

Chia

The stupidity of this woman is epic. I can't believe how insensitive she it.

Herpies Fully Loaded - The Sequel

Right on. Too little too late Ina. Now when the Food Network cancels her show the self-destruction will be complete.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments