'Make-A-Wish' Kid to Barefoot C: Don't Call Us ...

3/30/2011 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten just learned a hard lesson ... late is not always better than never ... because she just got blown off by the family of a "Make-a-Wish" boy.

Barefoot Contessa

You'll recall ... Enzo -- a 6-year-old with cancer -- wanted to cook a meal with Ina, but she couldn't find the time.

After TMZ broke the story, Ina took lots of heat.  So Monday night she called Enzo's family and offered for them to come to the Food Network for a cookout.

Enzo's dad Adrian tells us ... the ship has sailed:  "I don't want to put my son through all these emotions.  We're better off just leaving everything the way it is."

As TMZ previously reported -- Enzo's new wish to swim with dolphins is already in the works, and Adrian tells us it will be fulfilled in August.

db

what a bitch! she should be thrilled someone considers her in such high regard. kid--you don't any more **** in your life. besides, the dolphins will be more fun.

CCC

CountryGal sounds like she should change her name to GhettoGal. You're trying a little too hard to be funny, but you just sound like an idiot. Is there any reason why you are on this site other than just to make yourself sound stupid? Now take your third grade education, (and I'm being polite about your education), and get back to the grill and make me my cheeseburger. And remember, I said no onions.

D.

ON the Bright side...this is prolly the most attention Ina Garten has had in a long time, love her or hater her, it will sell her books and garner her viewers so in the end...Ina wins! Now, I'm going to go make some brownies with "good vanilla" and only the best chocolate...big YAWN.

Ina

I'm sure this was her first time anyone from make a wish, wanted to meet her. And she is too busy? lol

Lay off the cupcakes fatass and make some time.

More Cowbell

I wonder if the parents even told Enzo of Ina's offer to cook with them (sux that she dissed them twice). It almost sounds like the parents didn't and just decided no...but I kinda think they should have and let Enzo decide if he still wanted to meet her. If he said no too, then double whammy on Ina but if it would make him happy to still meet her - then let the little guy still have that wish too.

Elizabeth

Ina probably didn't even know about this boy's request. I work for a "celebrity chef" myself and know that the person that books things for him doesn't book it unless she makes money from it. Something like this Ina wouldn't make money from so "her people" wouldn't either. There are lots of things that get turned down that I am sure he never knew about.

Ron

Where's Gloria Alred? How come she's not all ove this?

STFU

Barefoot "could stand to lose a lot of weight"Contenssa. u REAP what u sow.

how dare your LARD AS

LawyerGal

Make a Wish Foundation also is to blame here, as they should have made sure the wish was age appropriate -- i.e., a trip to Disneyland, Sea World, Knotts Berry Farm, or meeting a sports star like WWE's John Cena. These organizations have the staff and means with which to facilitate a visit by gravely ill children. Food Network does not. Too bad he didn't ask to meet John Cena, who is granting 30 wishes this weekend, which is Wrestlemania weekend. The kids get to see the show, attend a pizza party, get tons of free merchandise & a photo with superstar John Cena. Now that's age appropriate!!!!!!!!! and a lot more fun than cooking with an old fogie tv chef. I hope Make a Wish will reevaluate how children make wishes so as not to disappoint any more children.

Room Monitor

BEST POST ON THIS THREAD GOES TO......

"D"

you restore my faith in human beings

cathka

This is truly sad. I will not be watching Barefoot Contessa in the future. She obviously considers herself above doing anything outside "The Hamptons".

eli

Good for Enzo, good for his family, good work TMZ!

Ramona

Yep, flipping through the channels while ago and just passed her's on by. I have no use for someone so full of themselves that they can't take one day out of their life to fulfill a dying childs last wish. Those defending these actions, what if that were YOUR child? Children are innocents and to learn this type of hurt in a short life, isn't acceptable.

Lydia

No Ina is not a social worker she is a human being. She had a year to make up her mind. She decided not to do it. I will not watch her anymore. I will tell 2 people NOT to watch her show and they will tell 2 people and so on and on..the power of the internet...bye bye ****essa. Buddy Valastro is way better.....

Michelle

Ive read some comments and some people should be ashamed of themselves. This little boy is dying. Hes dying. All he wanted was to cook a meal with someone he likes. You cant take a few hours out of your day to make a wish come true for a dying kid. Thats bad and karma is a bitch. Without your fans, youre nothing. They make you & they can break you. I hope his next wish comes true.