'Make-A-Wish' Kid to Barefoot C: Don't Call Us ...

3/30/2011 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten just learned a hard lesson ... late is not always better than never ... because she just got blown off by the family of a "Make-a-Wish" boy.

Barefoot Contessa

You'll recall ... Enzo -- a 6-year-old with cancer -- wanted to cook a meal with Ina, but she couldn't find the time.

After TMZ broke the story, Ina took lots of heat.  So Monday night she called Enzo's family and offered for them to come to the Food Network for a cookout.

Enzo's dad Adrian tells us ... the ship has sailed:  "I don't want to put my son through all these emotions.  We're better off just leaving everything the way it is."

As TMZ previously reported -- Enzo's new wish to swim with dolphins is already in the works, and Adrian tells us it will be fulfilled in August.

CountryGal

Enzo Momma Keep Using Your Son To Sell Stories Gurl

missy

Ina Garten's wikipedia states:

Personal life: Garten is known to guard her private life closely, and declines to take part in Food Network charities and activities.

I used to be a fan, but I'm really turned off by her. I will no longer be watching her shows and wish I could return her cookbooks. Bitch.

jamie

she should be ashamed of herself i dont watch her show but now im really not gonna watch it, food network should send that family some major gifts

kingborg

I just stopped my Father from making another charity gift to Make - a - Wish and hopefully he will never donate another $5000 to them again. How disgusting of that fat bitch cook...

Posted at 10:48 AM on Mar 30, 2011 by Tommy

-----------------------------------------------

maw did nothing wrong your just a moron. just like countrygirl!

alisemaria

Its really too bad that the boy got turned down but the way some people are reacting is vicious. I don't know Ina - never watched her show - but a person should't be judged based on one seemingly 'bad' decision. If that were the case, we'd all hang by our toes for eternity.

Buckaroobonzai

Ta naozi you bing! Ta shi chunhuo! Ta zhangde chou bushi ta de cuo, ta chulai xiaren jiu bu dui le!! Ta yinggai haohao fanxing.

HamptonsHarry

Now I'm convinced the mother is selling this story to make money. How disgusting can you be? JaySin, hopefully you get cancer for wishing it on innocent people.

Bandonbound

Enuf already, I really thot this MAW thing was a little more "time is of the essence" than I'm getting. August for a dolphin swim!? You could arrange a space shuttle ride faster than that, with the Ruskies anyway

northern gypsy

yes indeed...serious error in judgement from I.G. camp...
the request must have been processed through her p.r. staff...
epic mistake...bottom line she had to have signed off...
woman up and take your lumps !!!

HamptonsHarry

Good job Tommy, Make a Wish won't get my donations anymore either. This is a disgrace. You shouldn't be blackmailed into doing charity work.

dd

No matter how popular I was if it was someones final wish to spend and afternoon with me I would rearrange my schedule. The guilt I would feel after he passed would be too much for me if I turned him down especially a child, she should be flattered that a kid likes her.

HamptonsHarry

Rachel Watson we hope die. No more donations to Make A Wish

Herpies Fully Loaded - The Sequel

Enzo Momma making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off of these stories. Bling bling! Use yo kid some mo lady.

Posted at 11:19 AM on Mar 30, 2011 by CountryGal

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This wretch sounds like something Ina herself would say. What a loser.

Corinne

I can't believe how insensitive some of these comments are. It is a "LAST WISH" of a dying child...COME ON!

FlamingoNut

Really #2? Don't beat up on Ina? How could that self absorbed pig diss a 6 yo with cancer not once, but twice? Screw her; I hope she rots.