'Make-A-Wish' Kid to Barefoot C: Don't Call Us ...

3/30/2011 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten just learned a hard lesson ... late is not always better than never ... because she just got blown off by the family of a "Make-a-Wish" boy.

Barefoot Contessa

You'll recall ... Enzo -- a 6-year-old with cancer -- wanted to cook a meal with Ina, but she couldn't find the time.

After TMZ broke the story, Ina took lots of heat.  So Monday night she called Enzo's family and offered for them to come to the Food Network for a cookout.

Enzo's dad Adrian tells us ... the ship has sailed:  "I don't want to put my son through all these emotions.  We're better off just leaving everything the way it is."

As TMZ previously reported -- Enzo's new wish to swim with dolphins is already in the works, and Adrian tells us it will be fulfilled in August.

ChubbyRain

A shame really, because it's extremely cruel the manner in which those dolphins are obtained. I'm not a peta activist or anything but watch "The Cove" and you'll have some idea.

PaulWS

They might wanna push that date up sooner than August or she will be "swimming with the fishes" before she gets a chance to swim with the dolphins.

HamptonsHarry

LoL Go take a spin in your car Fresh. Watch out for 18 Wheelers.

katie10

OH PLEASE...big frickin' deal if she was unavailable. She's done tons of other stuff for MAW and other charities.

Maybe they should teach their child to be grateful. It's the frickin' MOM who blogged about this, contacted TMZ, etc...BLEW the whole thing out of proportion and made a HUGE deal about it because, I would imagine it was HER wish. All they had to tell their child was, well...this is not an option, let's think of some 'other things'...and the child is NOT dying, he's been in remission for years now.

If this was truly the KIDS wish, they'd be like..great, let's go meet INA. BS family, putting all this stuff out there, how frickin' selfish of them and ridiculous! Celebrities are asked every day to do crap, they can't committ to everything but typicially a family then doesn't start a damn stupid blog about how the celebrity didn't accomodate THEIR needs.

Give me a break. SHAME of this family.

Cooper

Wow, she "couldn't find the time" and he's running out of time..

Buckaroobonzai

I love how people pray in the name of "Jesus". What the heck does that mean? I pray in the name of Superman. Or maybe I should pray in the name of Obama? Or should I just pray in my own name? WTF?

chris

I feel really bad for kids with cancer. My nephew was one of them. However, making a wish doesn't necessarily mean it will come true. Stop beating up on Ina Garten. She's a TV chef, not a social worker.

Posted at 10:37 AM on Mar 30, 2011 by KateMae
--------
Hate to burst your bubble but INA is NOT a CHEF she is a COOK. She has no "formal" training so she cant be referred to as a CHEF.

MrsBeasley

I believe Ina has felt the wrath of the people and possibly thinks now she should have found time for this young boy. I think referring to him as a "dying boy" like even I probably did at first is not correct. Sick, yes, dying, well, lets hope not for a long long time. The majority want to see her head on a platter, and being her right now can't be much fun. This is one thing Geoffrey isn't "going to love". She now knows what its like to be adored and to be abhorred. Not a good day.

HamptonsHarry

The boy isn't dying. The mom is getting money from idiots dogging Ina.

Alan

Kid with cancer - 1
BareFat Contessa - 0

HamptonsHarry

No More Money For Make A Wish. This is so uncalled for. Stick with St Jude who doesn't ruin people.

katie10

SHAME SHAME SHAME on this pathetic family. Concentrate on your child, isn't that enough to wish and be grateful for instead of cyring and whinning like little self indulgent, self righteous, 'entitled' morons about how a celebrity couldn't meet you, BFD!

Some mother, father, parent, family actually just LOST their child right now, due to some horrible disease, illness. They should be grateful their child is a live and doing well..in remission.

Yeah, swimming with dolphis...nothing like going to watch and participate in the abuse of captured animals.

Mark

@ number 9 YES

Rex

Would like to hear Ina's side (from her - not a so called rep) before passing any judgement - if at all. Not all wishes do come true. I can't personally imagine being so busy that I couldn't help out in a situation like that, but I'm not a famous chef.

Buckaroobonzai