'Housewives' Star

Mistakenly

Handcuffed By Feds

4/9/2011 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star was targeted in a case of mistaken identity recently, TMZ has learned -- when federal agents pulled him over and cuffed him, before realizing they had the wrong guy.

0408_apollo_housewives_EX
A rep for the US Marshals tells TMZ, Apollo Nida -- husband of "Housewife" Phaedra Parks -- was stopped and detained outside Atlanta Thursday afternoon.

According to sources, the Georgia task force responsible for the mistake pulled Apollo over thinking he was a key player in a current investigation -- but quickly released him when they realized he wasn't the person they thought he was.

The US Marshals wouldn't comment on the open investigation -- but we're told Apollo bears a "striking resemblance" to whoever they're trying to track down.

Attempts to reach Apollo were unsuccessful.

NDNchief

He was DWB. Driving while black. I rarely hear anything good come out of Atlanta aka Gaylanta. You know NDN's have had it tough in our history. But, thank the maker I'm not black.

Angel

WHOA

LMFAO

AND IT DOESN'T HELP THAT YOU WERE RECENTLY IN PRISON AND HAVE A RECORD. HE SEEMS LIKE A NICE GUY, COPS ARE SO DUMB. HOW CAN YOU GET TWO DIFFERENT MEN CONFUSED THAT LOOK DIFFERENT, DRIVE DIFFERENT CARS, ETC

CASE OF RACIST MISTAKEN IDENTITY.

BET HOMEBOY WAS PISSED, BUT HE KNOWS THE ROPES FROM PRISON, AND LOOK QUITE CALM:)

MUST HAVE BEEN LT. DANGLE THAT I'D HIM...:p

horhay

How long before a lawsuit is filed?

MIDNIGHT TOKER

he should have been arrested for driving a red car if you ask me

thomas

It's nothing unusual in Massachusetts to be pulled over for DWB, especially if you dare to enter the high end white residential neighborhoods. The only difference I see is that it was the feds, not the local cops.

The guy is lucky he didn't get maced and thrown to the ground and beaten.

kp

You said STAR please lol, slow day or not many people working.
dwb lol again, that's funny

Sloane

well
from what I gather he is "known" to the police as they say
meaning he has been arrested and incarcerated already
so it could have been an honest error
or not
don't want to jump to conclusions one way or the other

tmzblogger

Have you ever thought that someone else was your girlfriend, your cousin, your friend, your mom, your dad, and so on, thingz that make you go hmmmmmmmmm!

BitterKittens

Poor Apollo... Great HWs stuff: www.stoopidhousewives.com

Tony Johnson

This still cant make that PHAEDRA half interesting!!! Nothing is going to make that fat footed NAME DROPPER from the projects slightly interesting ~ They need to bring back Lisa!

hotbitch

"he should have been arrested for driving a red car if you ask me"
by MIDNIGHT TOKER

LMAO My thoughts exactly! I already think he's gay. The v-neck shirt doesn't help either. I live in GA and can't stand the cops. Check out the camouflage bullet proof vest. Nice. Yeah you can definitely get pulled over for DWB but Apollo happens to have been involved in a car theft ring which led to his conviction. It could've easily been a legit stop.

Angel

Why do the Feds need to drive a high -dollar car like that black b*tch has?

Big black boy isn't undercover,see his "flashy" Camo vest he bought at Sears? You know homeboy has sum chains on, too.

GA tax dollars NOT hard at work.

Cops are arrogant bullies, f8ck 'em all.

ILLEGAL STEROIDS MUCH, OFFICER?

This cop is committing a crime because he his on steroids, bet he has one little black peepee.

There Goes My Show

Why do people say "I can't stand the cops" or "cops suck" - law abiding citizens don't have to worry about the police it is only those that have criminal past or intent that have issues with the police. I am glad they protect me, my neighborhood and my family from those of you who "hate the police" - if only we could turn the clock back to a more civilized time in history.

Lori

OOOOOHHHHHH...Phaedra is going to go all BoujieGHETTO on their ass!

Her hubby is a felon...car thief...(they fell in love while she represented him...ahahahahah).

Nothing wrong with the feds checking him out every now and again, but you know Phaedra is going to go BALLISTIC!

Tony Johnson

Posted at 8:11 AM on Apr 9, 2011 by There Goes My Show
-----------------------------------------------------------

YOU are clearly uninformed and I suspect that YOU are either a COP or a COPS wife because YOU have to really be STUPID if you don't know of how many INNOCENT people are in JAIL and HOW MANY people are being set FREE continually because of DNA test and ALSO because CROOKED COPS are found out to have placed or MADE UP evidence... AND is a very SAD FACT that this unfortunate occurrence in our society USUALLY happens to BLACK FOLK!!!!

Don't get me started!