« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lenny Dykstra Suspected of Grand Theft Auto

4/15/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lenny Dykstra is suspected of stealing automobiles ... this according to the LAPD.

Lenny Dykstra

Cops tell TMZ ... before Dykstra was hit with embezzlement charges ... the former MLB star was arrested last night for purchasing vehicles through fraudulent means.

We're told Dykstra had been targeted by authorities in an ongoing investigation.

Dykstra's being held on $500,000 bail.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Puckett

Let's see the proof. Sounds like bullsh*t to me...

Susie

I agree with you Puckett. I loved Lenny for years now, and will not accept this without proof.

Jim in Cali

what a douche.

messenger69

What the hell is this world coming to? The MAN is just trying to hold a brother down and he’s not even black. Damn!!!

Tammy

The whole intact vehicle? This sounds suspicious!! Cars that are stolen are usually chopped for parts because of that whole VIN number in three places issue that can lead to problems if you're caught when the car.

SteveBad

As often happened with the Mets, Dykstra called OUT trying to steal!

PhilipMarkum

*** You go Lenny! And get Squiggy to go with you!***

Jake

Lenny's a loser....put him in the slammer.

OooooNooo!

Dykstra throwing the screw-ball again. . .

UM..OK

maybe he can share a cell with Darryl Strawbery

fu vs holiday

He bad way how

BullIslandGirl

I think there is a lot more going on here judging by the pinned pupils-just sayin.

Chaps

One too many craqcktail parties at Chuckles house?

BTW how much insurance did Chuckles get for those "stolen" cars of his driven off cliffs?

Makes ya say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

NaNaNaNaHeyHeyHeyGoodbyeNails

mack, you're right, but you've got it wrong in this case. Lenny repeatedly conned different car dealers into "deals" where they'd wind up getting stiffed. Same M.O. every time. He went through Mayback, Rolls Royce (as reported by TMZ), all of the luxury car dealers. He probably wound up at the Hyundai dealership toward the end, since he'd burned all the others. Every car was eventually found - he'd hide them for months - and reposessed. I guess someone finally pressed charges. He also had an assistant drive him to a dealership and while she was waiting in the lobby, he tried to use her car as a trade in without telling her. Nice.

Hey, TMZ, post the mugshot so I can make it into a nice t-shirt to remind me of my former boss, who stole my credit card and so many others. I'll smile and sleep like a baby every time I wear my "Lenny Dykstra is someone's b*%&tch now" t-shirt to bed. Knowing that this miserable shmuck isn't going to be able to victimize people anymore has made my day.

Zippy T. Pinhead

What a loser! To prison he shall go. Oh and did I mention that he's a loser!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments