Nic Cage

Arrested

for Domestic Abuse

4/16/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Nic Cage was arrested early Saturday morning in New Orleans for domestic abuse.

0416-nic-cage-mug-ex
According to official records, he was arrested for one count of domestic abuse and one count of disturbing the peace.

Cage was held on $11,000 bond and eventually released.

Cage is in town filming a movie called "Medallion," where he was spotted on set yesterday.

MARK

I have never heard of Nicolas Cage ever doing anything abusive or disrespectful. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Sometimes people are pushed over the edge and that is never written about. Over 1/2 of the People in the Shelters for Abuse are the Abusers themselves and that is never written about.

Rosebud

You people need to get lives. There's NO EXCUSE for violence against women.

Rosebud

There's NO EXCUSE for VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN! Doesn't matter who you are.

Rosebud

THERE'S NO EXUCSE FOR VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN!

SandyShy31

Probably was abuse of his male live-in lover. He has always seem gay to me.

grace miller

It's the French Quarter Ghosts of his home following him. Since he purchased that home it's been downhill for him all the way! Lot's of tragedy there, trust me!

grace miller

B glad its not u. Holiwd is going to Hell!

Bri

He was in NO filming a new show.
Maybe just a publicity stunt?

ANTHONY

The "Family Man" ???

Ronald

OMG I am just SHOCKED!!!!!!! He has always seemed so stable and normal. Married for a couple days to Lisa Marie, Tax and bankruptcy problems, buy-a-holic with all those trains, comics, homes, yachts. And he is an ACTOR!!!!! So normal and sane it seemed! I am just SHOCKED this could happen to him.

gmuny2002

Why am I not suprised?!

surfer john

i may be poor. but im not in jail,looser!

Lori

I don't care WHO he's related to. The guy is a great actor, and people just LOVE to pick on anyone famous. Lest ye be judged......

Donna Harris

Lay off Nickolas Cage,he's going thru crap like the rest of us!! He's a dam good actor,and all Movie Stars make some bad movies at times, including Johnny Depp,Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt, just to name a few, it goes along with the business! Good or Bad,they are just like us in the long run,Human! All these problems can make anyone do crazy things at times! He will come to grips with it sooner or later!! Luv ya, Nick

bryce

I just finished watching ; The Rock I think he needs Sean Connery to get him out...