Nic Cage

Arrested

for Domestic Abuse

4/16/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Nic Cage was arrested early Saturday morning in New Orleans for domestic abuse.

0416-nic-cage-mug-ex
According to official records, he was arrested for one count of domestic abuse and one count of disturbing the peace.

Cage was held on $11,000 bond and eventually released.

Cage is in town filming a movie called "Medallion," where he was spotted on set yesterday.

Joe Nelly

Clearly that is not a mugshot of Nick. There are no numbers below his picture and the angle of the photo is all wrong showing pipes on the ceiling-this was taken anywhere but a precint.

danz

who gives a flying f***, should be telling more about how the dems and reps in washington are selling this country out...........

Jim

Nic Cage is one of the better actors he does some good work. He just what you might say screwed up. None of us where there, so we do not know what the argument was about. He only pushed his wife according to the article.. Not a big deal! ETOH and arguments do not mix.

BabyBoomerQueen

Come on people, you didn;'t like him in "MoonStruck" with Cher?

Ron Foyee

Old Cagey looks officially DRUNK in this photo! I wonder how may bottles of VODKA he had swallowed prior to this rendition???

AgentBlonde

If he pushed her, she probably was all up in his face and Nic got sick of it. Better than a punch in the kisser.

greg

no one know the facts yet, get a life dont be a proscuter yet i have lawyers

alamodefender

it isn't easy to get arrested in n.o.french q.,you have to curse or act out. they do know how to party in the french quarter,and they make their livings on people who do the same.getting drunk and fighting aren't partying or cool.

Men in Black

No talent at all, same as Steve Martin unfunny rather stupid character

Daniel

Still Say the bitch lied about him.

Jennifer

He Earl Hickey'd the hell outta that mugshot

Joe

Yup, he's married to an Asian woman (Korean I believe)... been through the same thing. I think it's a common thing with mixed couples honestly because foreign women whose first language is not English throw the most terrible insults around like they are just saying "jerk", but in reality the insult they use are SO MUCH MORE HURTFUL that it literally drives American men to the point where they become physical. Like Nic, I too lost my cool and grabbed my wife, never hit, never beat or anything like that, but because I was angry, and even touched her, it was considered domestic assault. Hopefully Nic's Judge is as understanding as mine was and gives his wife a reprimand for not understanding how hurtful she was to Nic. (I'm hypothesising here what really happened based on my experience) :) Good Luck Nic! I feel your pain dude!

Sherylynne

Pretty clear what happened here. Wife pushed his buttons wittingly, he caved and shoved her, taxi driver over-reacted without any information and called cops. Nic wanted to go to jail to get away from being further subjected to his wife arguing and baiting him. After the fact, she does not want to press charges and denies abuse because she knew she was not in danger and she now shares responsibility for elevating/frustrating him to that level. Lose her, Nic, and move on. You do not need the drama.

Joe

Don't agree with Sherylynne about losing your wife Nic! I think that this experience you will find is going to be an eye opener for your wife. It was for mine. She was crying her eyes out the next morning when she saw me brought into the court for the hearing. Since that day, (over 3 years ago) she has never pushed me as hard and as hurtful as she did that time. Sometimes it takes a shock to their system to realize what can happen.

Daniel

JP what was it you said, I know you are a stupid man you don't have to tell us. as for you haters F yourself.