Charlie Sheen Moves for Full Custody of Twins

4/18/2011 2:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen is declaring legal war on Brooke Mueller and will not only ask a judge for full custody of their twins, he wants to cut off the child support he's paying her.

0418_brook_mueller_2_CHARLIE_EX

TMZ has learned ... Charlie's lawyer, Mark Gross, just gave Brooke Mueller's attorneys notice -- he's going to court tomorrow in an attempt to change the custody arrangement.

Gross will ask the judge to strip Brooke of both legal and physical custody, on grounds she has relapsed and went back into rehab.

And, if the judge does give Charlie full custody, Gross wants the judge to terminate Charlie's obligation to pay Brooke $55,000 a month in child support -- since she would no longer be incurring those expenses.

We've also learned Brooke's lawyers are planning their own offensive, asking the judge for full custody.  And, Brooke's lawyers want Charlie to be psychologically evaluated.

jacksonfive210

kathyo
I agree it's not a good thing and charlie isnt innocent at all and it is bad when parents talk bad about each other and it sucks because it happens alot ive seen it with all my friends and im glad my parents are still together haha and i agree it does hurt his chances in court you do make good points too

ManiacalZebra

Neither of them deserve custody. Those kids would be better off living with a sober, sane relative.

Sonja

So the 'drug addict Charlie' is faking his tests but the 'drug addict Brook' can't? That's some skewed logic there for you. Charlie may have been an 'ass' for changing what he did but he did not endanger her or the boys by doing so, if so Brooks lawyers would have been all over it. And if it's Brooks mother that has the 'most time' to watch the boys then is Brook paying her support? No because the mother almost never pays child support when the tables are turned. I love how this is about Brook failing her boys and everyone is bring up stuff about Charlie.

Kathyo

@bbrown,

lol, I was actually thinking about Enimen when I was writing because I actually like his music and that is why I said I was not 100% sure but I guess we'd have to look at the context of the song, etc. Like I said, I just think he is hurting his chances of having a good relationship with them in the future and I don't understand why he would risk it. And also, he definitely has really hurt his chances of having a good relationship with Denise and it is so much better for the kids if the parents can get along and Denise, Charlie and the girls seemed to be on that path and then he went and had that meltdown in New York while he was on a trip with them and then it just went down hill from there. I am not saying I hate charlie and he should never see his kids...I am just saying that there has been really good cause in the past to limit his time with them at the very least.

jacksonfive210

tired of ig

maybe so but he is selling alot more tickets then if he was up there playing mr.nice guys why is howard stern so big because he creates controversy Im just saying people like controversy thats why tmz is popular haha

Tired of Ignorance

I have dealt with many hard core drug users. I will not say what I do for a living. There are many many ways people beat the test. I will not list them all, I only mentioned the most generic. Anyway the issue is Charlie didn't lead a chant against a profession. He led a chant against specific named individuals. He is demonstrating some very unstable behavior and continues to do so. The issue is the best interest of the children. Charlie clearly does not represent the best interest of the children and is only out to punish those that he feels are to blame for his fall from stardom. Until he deals with his anger and starts taking responsibility for his mistakes wiyth true remorse. Not the yes but.... **** he will not be considered on the road to recovery.

Kathyo

@Sonja,

I for one don't think he is faking his tests but I definitely think they are both guilty of failing these kids.

jacksonfive210

truth of ign
I agree I mean there are alot of myths to passing drug test but alot dont work poppy seeds makes u pee postive and it prob takes alot of poopy seeds by the way and idk how the deniest helps you pass a test but ok all im saying is it's not easy to cheat a court order drug test I mean that wizanader thing was the best thing you could use to store someones pee and pass but Im pretty sure they dont sale them anymore my point was if it was so easy why couldnt brooke cheat it all im saying is I dont think this drug test is some drug test we take for high school it's no jk but kathyo ur right charlie needs to step up show he can raise his kids because actions speak louder then words and the balls is in his court and and only he can mess it up

jacksonfive210

truth of ign
and yes i know in court he should say sorry for the bs he's done in the past and take responsibility for his actions that would help him alot and give the judge a good plan on how he will change and how he can take care of his kids and then show everyone including brooke he has grown up and changed but and i know charlie isnt mr.innocent im watching two and half men now haha im pissed the show isnt gonna keep going on it's a good show and is one of the only shows I lol too

Kathyo

@bbrown, It is mind boggling to me that people with all the opportunities these two have how they can just throw it all away. I have never used drugs so I guess I don't understand addiction but it has to be pretty wicked to blow your chances at losing your children, not to mention $55,000 a month or a million plus dollar a week job. Everyone has different opinions about who is responsible for charlie losing that job but it all goes back to his drug use at some point

Sonja

Tired of Ig, I get what you are saying but... Chanting about his Ex or anyone else is not against the law and I really doubt the courts will see it as more than what it was.. an on stage chant/rant. Also he doesn't have to show remorse he simply needs to stop using drugs and obey the laws to show the courts he is being responsible. That's it. Obviously the court laid out specific guidelines and so far Charlie is abiding by them (whether you think he's secretly cheating or not) while Brook is not.

jacksonfive210

kathyo
I agree I mean she did get a couple mill out of the divorce too so idk why she doesnt have money maybe she was smart and invested it into something good but idk with this economy haha but yeah it's sad when drug addicts loose there kids I havent ever been really a drug addict but I did like to party but im glad Ive never had to go through withdrawals because ive seen people going threw that and its sad and pretty crazy and I mean it's true when an addict cant quit till the want to change and I mean really change like I wouldnt be surprised if charlie and brooke do use again because I feel they didnt quit for them selfs I mean maybe brooke has hit her rock bottom having to go to a pawn shop to get money you know. but maybe charlie trying to prove people wrong will help him stay sober u know different things drive different people addiction is a horrible thing and ruins plenty of familys but there is a reason why 94% or so addicts use again i wish charlie would talk to robert downey jr. I think he would be good for him

Tired of Ignorance

I am sorry about the show as well. I am sad for Charlie and his family. In regards to the children they need to stay with the grandparents for now. Both Charlie and Brooke need a least a year of rehab and serious individual counseling. Charlie cannot beat the addiction without some serious counseling and he needs to ditch the friends he hangs out with that he used to do drugs with. He also needs to get rid of his house and stay away from any place that he used to do drugs in.

Charlie if you read these pages, drop the custody issues for now and get yourself healed. Not doing drugs is just one small aspect of recovery. I was a true fan and hope to one again.

richard pierce

wow, Chucko is using his "legal toy poodle" on this one rather than his "legal pit bull"! Impressive! he's apparently a multipule dog, I mean shyster owner!

Nancy

These are some points made by a legal firm when Charlie first lost custody of the twins to Brooke... NOT the firm that represents either party, but a firm that says this is what they tell their clients to be aware of:

- Don’t make threats. With the rise of domestic violence, the courts rightly have little tolerance for even the threat of violence, either against the spouse or children. Sheen’s history of public threats left the court cautious to ignore him again.

- Watch what you say. Calling your two girlfriends “Goddesses” or your employer rude or vulgar names only raises suspicion of the courts or court-appointed professionals regarding your mental stability.

- If you have a substance abuse problem, seek professional help. If a counselor or therapists advises you to enter rehab, follow their advise. If a counselor suggests parenting courses, take them.

- Watch your private life. If your life becomes a party – especially one witnessed by your children – people may question your fitness as a responsible parent.

***************

These are things that family court judges look at and consider. Still, as I've said before, I feel that a guardian ad litem should be appointed if there isn't one already. These children need a representative whose ONLY job is to represent THEIR interests above those of either parent.