Denise Richards To Charlie & Brooke's Rescue

4/19/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Denise Richards called Charlie Sheen last Thursday and offered to take informal custody of his twins, Bob and Max ... TMZ has learned.

0418_denise_charlie_kids_ex_tmz

We're told Denise called Charlie just after TMZ posted surveillance video of Brooke Mueller trying to hock a watch and a stereo at an Inglewood pawn shop.

Denise told Charlie it was apparent Brooke couldn't care for the twins and Charlie was on the road doing his show, so she offered to take the kids and let them live with her until things stabilized.

As for Charlie's reaction ... well, he didn't shut her down.  He said, "I'll keep you posted."

Charlie apparently is going for broke because his lawyer is going to court this AM, in an attempt to get full custody of the twins.

Kathyo

I think it is very "telling" that no one from charlie's family, including his adult daughter has stepped out in his defense...unless he surprises us today in court but it is pretty sad when you can't get your own adult daughter to back you up. Maybe if she had something good to say about him, he would not have had to give custody to Denise.

dd

@Lisa you are wrong, Denise was a legitimate model signed to a large agency and an actress in several movies before she even met Charlie, so get your gossip straight please.

dd

For those of u thinking she's a horrible woman and an ex-wife from hell, read, she offered him help if he needed her, so whats wrong with that. U act like she's suing for custody or something.

Kate

Denise is a class act. I hope Charlie takes her up on the offer so the boys can get some normalcy in their lives, even if it's only for a little while. I also hope Charlie realizes what a gem his ex-wife is (Denise, obviously, not Brooke) and quits talking crap about her.

kimd

As much as I'd like to believe that this is out of the goodness of her heart,I have to wonder.Denise seems to do alot to get her name in the paper and I think this is another trick.Where are the grandparents of these kids?Or the aunts and uncles?I hope these people are saving alot of that money he's "earning" from his world tour because those kids are going to need alot of help.

ell

Not a bad idea. They get along. She's not crazy or on drugs. She also seems like a good mom.

KenzieQ

That is very nice of Denise to offer, but I think the kids are safe and well with Brooke's mother. Maybe Denise can take the boys a few days a week for more added stability and to give the grandmother a break. FOR CHARLIE THIS IS ALL ABOUT MONEY NOT THE BOYS. If he would stop being an angry a-hole maybe the women in his life would feel more supported.

Dennis Johnson

Denise god bless you.

Kate

Good grief, people. Denise offered to take 'informal' custody of the kids. She's not attempting to get legal custody. She's saying, "Hey, while their mother cleans up her act and you're touring with your show, the kids are welcome to stay at my house." All this speculation about whether she'd give them back is stupid. She's essentially offering to babysit until Charlie's finished with his stage show. It's not about whether she has the 'right' to get custody, she's offering to watch them IF CHARLIE WANTS HER TO. It's a kind gesture, not a legal ploy. If he says 'no thanks', that's the end of it. Don't make more of this than it is.

madashell

Thank you Kate. Finally the voice of reason. You read the article the exact same way I did.

lisa

After the way Charlie has treated Denise, this is completely selfless on her part! I hope he can be a man and do the right thing. Also hope the boys mother gets away from Charlie and the help that she needs!

dd

@Kate Ditto!

Mary

Denise is the nicest person. After everything Charlie has done and said. She has his back. For the sake of the boys I hope Charlie agrees.

Patch

I never thought much of Denise. Seemed she always had this blank expression in her eyes like the lights were on but no one was home. However, these last few months and even years, I must say, as a person she has really stepped forward and seems to be a great person. I stand corrected on the no one at home. I think she should get with Charlie's family and Brooke's family and get those kids away from Charlie and Brooke. Good luck!

Italia

What a lovely lady! You go Denise! After all the piss and vinegar Charlie has thrown at this girl, she's still in his corner! Now THAT'S what I call a real friend!