« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe's New Video -- 'Words Can Be Hurtful'

4/20/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In the wake of his anti-gay slur -- Kobe Bryant, along with several members of the L.A. Lakers -- have banded together to preach a message of tolerance in a new public service announcement.042011_kobe_psa_still

In the video, Kobe says, "There are all kinds of different people in the world. That's what makes the world special."

Kobe and his teammates continue, "So whether someone is different than you in race, ethnicity, political beliefs, religion ... or sexual orientation ... Words could be hurtful."

Bryant continues, "Replace them with understanding, compassion and acceptance. Let's make this a better world for all of us."

Thanks to our friends at Good Day L.A. for the clip.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

toothball

Well thats pretty gay.

dave

Shut the #$@! up, Kobe you piece of $%#@!!!

who dat

This guy is a thug. End of story.

Rhubino

@toothball: Haha, yes, but not fugging ***gody

Doug

Words can be hurtful, so can rape.

miabella29

Kobe is one of the biggest POS's out there... shut up, Kobe. No one is buying it.

Jen O.

Not saying it was socially right to say, but Freedom of Speech, people. He had every Right to say what he did. It's BS and unconstitutional that he's being punished.

Ann

While I think that a brief public apology was in order, the rest of this is kind of overkill, isn't it?

Does anyone actually still consider this guy to be a role model? I think that ship sailed with the rape accusations, adultery, etc.

April

Subtitle should read: I'm only doing this to improve my public image because I got caught.

Chrissie

What a farking joke he is.

J.D.

Agree with Ann,Doug et al....And for goodness sake, weren't we all taught "sticks and stones may break my bones, etc.." What kind of whiners and losers do we have in this nation that make a federal case out of name-calling?

supahJ

That's bs- shouldn't have to do a public service announcement to promote non-freedoms of speech.

Snooki'sHairBump

April less than a minute ago

----------------------------------------------------------------
Because we all know damned well he's not sorry for what he did. This also applies to the whole rape accusation/adultery thing.

Kobe is an complete *******, that's all I have to say.

jill

leave kobe alone - if you are that weak minded that you have to take EVERY WORD that an athlete says so literally - then maybe you should not watch sports.

Celeb Gossip Addict

These comments are stupid. So was the video. The message would be more convincing if it was done without force.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments