Lindsay Lohan -- Back On 'Gotti' Flick

4/20/2011 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Lindsay Lohan WILL in fact be in the upcoming "Gotti: Three Generations" after she was previously dropped from the film -- and she hustled to get her spot back ... ALL BY HERSELF.

0420_lindsay_lohan_EX2

Executive Producer Marc Fiore tells us, Lindsay is no longer going to play Victoria Gotti ... but instead will take on the role of John Gotti Jr.'s daughter-in-law Kim -- the role once considered for Kim Kardashian.

The turn of events comes hours after Fiore pulled the plug on Lindsay over disagreements with her management -- but we're told Lindsay REALLY wants to be in the film ... and personally patched things up with the producer when she heard her people were being difficult.

We're told Lindsay also agreed to act in ANOTHER upcoming Fiore film called "Mob Street."

Delmar

@Pony Princess When injured you have to get to the hospital and get yourself well. Then rehabilitate through physical therapy, and eventually walk. She's not even in the hospital yet.

Contrast this to Demi Lovato who has come clean about her eating disorder and says she's been diagnosed as bipolar. She's also dropped her Disney show. She has followup treatment and goes to an eating disorder clinic. She may have a few more rounds to deal with with her sickness but she's said she's sick. That's a crucial step for this 18 year old. It's my opinion Lindsay suffers from mental disorders like Demi, she even has some of the same symptoms. So her admitting she's an addict is a first step, but she was in the clinic so to speak, not the hospital. I doubt Lindsay has the focus and discipline to do a film this year and she has the felony trial to deal with.

ilovegossip

@delmar

So what you're saying is Dina is a liar? Because X17 was quoting Dina as saying she was "brokering the deal". Plus, I think what most people realize is that Dina calls the shots, whether Lindsay calls her, her manager or not. Look at what Dina says. Everything is "WE" it is never "Lindsay" or "I", it's always "we". It's like they are one, in Dina's mind.

Pony Princess

Dina strikes me as a very capable woman in some respects. Not only does she give me the impression that she not only does damage control for Lindsay and lives off the profits, but that she probably has a nice little tickler file that gives her ammo to use against people when they are "not being nice to her". Quotes from the Lohan family tend to support how when you play nice with Dina (aka the Lohans) things are good, but when you don't then not so much. "Anyone bringing negativity will be dealt with accordingly." (Dina Lohan, 2010). I think Fiore dumping Lindsay for the Victoria Gotti role brought negativity and mother bear got working the phones and dealing with it accordingly.

Delmar

@PonyPrincess I really think it is more her father, Michael, that encouraged her to call the producer and fight to get her role back or some sort of role in the movie. I'm not sure about Dina ranting, it's possible, but people take her father a bit more seriously than her mother. For all of his insane and at times violent behavior, he has his finger more on the pulse of issues around his "celebrity" daughter and is much more articulate than his ex-wife.

Delmar

@lou Dina may indeed try to broker the deal by making contacts with the Gottis and whatever connections she could find. The thing is, Marc Fiore didn't deal directly with her for negotiations, Dina may have helped in getting the Gottis to talk to some people to consider Lindsay seriously for roles. Then it is up to the management team to work out the nuts and bolts of the contractual conditions.

lou

PP:

Sadly, it probably was Dina causing the problems. Very sad, considering that Lindsay was on her best behavior to get the role of Victoria and then Kim. Dina needs to get a clue here: Lindsay's on a tenuous branch and needs to work her way back up. It's actually a good sign that Lindsay shows any interest in acting, so Dina should back off and let Lindsay work things out as any other normal person would.

Feeding the Mama bear only seems to make her more hungry, so good lluck to Fiore on that one.

Holly

I wonder if tomorrow will be another injustice

ketjo

I don't understand people in hollywood or entertament...Once they think they are in the big time they have to have a team or managers or team of lawyers or advisors or something like that..like they lost their ablity to think and talk for themselves...Does their brain go dead or their reasoning ability get up and go leaving them unable to think and make descisions for themselves...

I talking in generalaity her not Lindsey Lohan cause we know why she can't think........She done burned hers out with cocaine and partying....if you don't keep your eye on the prize it is going get chipped away till they ain't nothing left but the crumbles for you while your managering team is living high on the hog...

Pony Princess

Delmar,
I have to almost fully disagree with you on that. Talking about how she's not been in the hospital yet (figuratively speaking) but only in the clinic. Let me remind you she's been to 5 rehabs, including the UCLA med center and Betty Ford. It's easy to dismiss one or two rehabs as being a "clinic" setting, but not so much when there are 5 and two are extremely well thought of. In fact, little miss Lindsay evidently convinced UCLA that she didn't even have a drug and alcohol problem at all. I chalk that up to two things.
1. She does have acting skills, and when she directs them at something she wants, she pulls them out and uses them as best she can. She won this one. Good Acting. Maybe should have one an Academy Award for this if they had the category Best Actor in a Medical Center.
2) She doesn't want to get better. Until she does, NO place, clinic or hospital, as you put it, will help her.

Lindsay may suffer from mental disorders, the public doesn't know, and can only speculate. My suggestion is that if she does, they may be more on the order of Histrionic Personality Disorder and Narcissism than Bi-Polar. Many of the symptoms are quite capable of being part of these disorders, and some are just personality flaws or situational reactions.
Regardless, she's admitted several times she's an addict, and then other times has taken that back and said she isn't. She's not even on baby steps right now from what I can see, and I think it goes back to the fact that she inherently (at this time) does not see that she is doing ANYTHING wrong. She even just recently said "I'm really excited to be back on set and clear up all the misinterpretations about me and show this is what I love to do". Juxtapose that statement with the fact that she's been saying that for years, has had some movie work and still hasn't been able to show the public that this is what she loves to do or clear up what she perceives as "misinterpretations" about herself. The misinterpretations are that she just wants to party and is unprofessional in her work.
I think Lindsay has the drive and focus to do whatever she wants to do, she just has been derailed with drugs and a crappy home life where she'd rather self-medicate and protect herself from facing all her bad feelings. I also think she has a huge drive to be liked and is very uncomfortable with herself. She has a history on myspace, and other social sites at putting up numerous accounts, all the time insisting it is the "real Lindsay Lohan", as if she has to prove it and is afraid someone will think that she isn't her. Very strange.
She has a lot to deal with this year, and probably for the foreseeable future. We'll see soon if she is dealing with it or if she wants to simply delay the inevitable. I can say that with a clear conscience, even without knowing her personally because if she plays the religion card tomorrow to get a continuance its not based on needing to observe that day. The Catholic Religion does not forbid working on Good Friday, or attending to other needed business. Also, she should be out of the courtroom by 5 or so, which would allow her plenty of time to observe the day and go find a church to do the stations of the cross or whatever. If by some chance she was remanded into custody that day, probably then SHC could ask for a delay until Monday so she could observe both Good Friday and Easter Sunday. I would think that since SCH has had prior good results at getting a two-week period of time before she had to go to jail before, that that would be workable.

Pony Princess

____________________________

And I think you're deflecting. I'm not buying that. If that was true, she would have been on Letterman. Good try, though.

ilovegossip

I was just thinking about how Britney Spears got her life back together because of the conservatorship, and her Father taking control of everything, including her career.

Who does Lindsay have that could do this for her? Dina certainly can't, and has proven that she can't manage, and only enables Lindsay. Michael can't manage his own life, let alone Lindsay's. It's a shame that Lindsay has no one in her life that can help her through all this.

Pony Princess

Lindsay LOHAN hasn't broke away from DUIna. No way. Never happen. Smoke and mirrors.

FUTMZ, you got it. IMO Lindsay has a DEEPLY held need to be her mother's protector and provider. Call me crazy, but absent years of talk therapy and her mother actually participating by changing her relationship with her daughter, or Dina dying, I honestly don't see Lindsay changing her ways. Lindsay has a need to be her mother's protector and provider, and Dina has a need to use her children as her shield and sword against Michael.

Delmar

@pony Princess you obviously want to create something around her mother. I won't try to change your mind, it's your opinion. You can also call whatever I said about Michael Lohan deflecting, that's your opinion as well. I'll stick with what I said. I don't think Dina is taken seriously by most people in business and interviews poorly. As many issues as Michael Lohan may have, he comes across better and I think is taken more seriously than his ex-wife.

Regarding Lindsay: I don't think she's bipolar, I think she could be a bit histrionic, definitely not narcissistic as in the personality disorder criteria but the psychology boards seriously want to consider borderline personality disorder with her. I'd like to see her address obvious issues that the public mostly ignores: cutting, eating disorders, unstable relationships, reckless behavior, accusations of occasional shoplifting, fear of being alone *clinically*. I do not think she can have any sort of career, or should even think about it, until she does this. And I think rehab is not the facility for this, some sort of place specific for these issues, at least a dual-diagnosis facility, probably 6 months, I think is what she may need to really start doing work towards healing herself. But, somewhere down the line, she may have to admit to the public that she has more issues than substance abuse issues.

Pony Princess

Brandon,
although I can't say for certain what is causing that with Britney, I can say that many medications for Bi-Polar, which she suffers from and is probably still medicated for, WILL cause a person to have no energy and be FLAT. Unfortunately, there are no drugs out there yet that will take care of keeping moods from swinging widely without totally flattening a person's personality. Also, most will make you gain tons of weight. That's why many people who are bi-polar go off their meds and refuse to take them. Also, with as much dancing and having the two pregnancies, she could have back problems that prevent her moving around much.
I don't see her even doing this much in a few years. It's so sad she lost her mojo to a disease.
And yes, it's turned out that her parents (especially her father) has done well for her. He's trying to ensure that however long she lives, she will never be on the streets or begging for a job. Kudo's to him if this is so.

Harveys boyfriend

ilovegossip

_______________________________________________________________
Micheal Lohan has been saying for years Dina is very very sick and has suffering terribly from separation anxiety disorder or more simply referred to (Emotional co-dependency syndrome).

They could have been part of a P.R.C's family based treatment group sessions designed to heal the sick families 'Broken Heart' and move beyond the abuse in the past and Dina'$ continued parental alienation of Micheal from his children and her emotional co-dependency illness issues.

He actually got her the gig on Late Nite w/dave and her "management team" nixed it.. Dr. drew also said on Jimmy Kimmel live we would all fall in luv with the big lug when WE see the real Micheal Lohan on celebrity Rehab.I will be tuning in and you guys /gals probably will too..

If for no other reason but to hear him speak and injest the words And SEE if it SOUNDS like @the rock we know and

Happy b-day where is tony's johnson is he banned/

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments