Rebecca Black -- I Don't Wanna Be 'Friday Girl'

4/25/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Being forever known as the chick who sings that "Friday" song isn't as fun .... fun ... fun ... fun ... fun ... as it seems ... so says Rebecca Black ... you know, that chick who sings that "Friday" song.

0425_rebecca_black_TMZ_BN_01

13-year-old Black just gave an interview to the AP -- in which the singer says she desperately wants a career as a respected recording artist ... adding, "I don't want to be known as the `Friday' girl. Hopefully, I can be known as Rebecca Black and not the `Friday' girl."

Black -- whose smash hit has landed more than 118 million views on YouTube -- added, "I want to be a performing artist. That's what I've always wanted to do."

For the record -- Black recently locked down a 5-song album deal ... which means she's already light years ahead of the "Chocolate Rain" guy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Zodiac Drake

...wow...

Sarafina

Girl needs some serious singing lessons first though...

MoonDust

People are really that stupid to buy anything this girl sings?! just wow..

Criss

Well do another song, duh.

RealityBites

Good luck with that, but I don't see a future for her right now...I say lay low, take voice lessons and maybe come back later with something of quality, that is if you have any talent, but from that song....I don't see any, dang....now it's stuck in my head again arghhhhh

bigsmitty

Um.... "chocolate rain guy" Tay Zonday, has actually done quite well for himself, is a respected youtube partner, and has quite a following. And his following is for the RIGHT reasons. People like him.

Ed

People are stupid to buy anything this girl sings? This is the country that hangs on every move Lindsay Lohan makes and is willingly paying to listen to the craziness spewing out of Charlie Sheen, she's going to make bank!

Siannan

Yer kidding me, right? Someone gave her a recording contract? Dang!

Kiko

Wow. An entire 5-song album deal? Considering 5 songs is only about half of an album, shouldn't it really be called a half-album deal?

AyeJay

Rebecca, you can't sing I'm sorry. No one will ever respect you because YOU ARE KNOWN as the 'Friday Girl'. You're basically on the same list with Kim Kardashian's, Paris Hilton's and Kim Zolciak's singing career - you all have horrible voices. I don't know if you've realized it yet but you have less then 350k 'Likes' and more then 2 MILLION 'Dislikes'. You'll never be a respected artist, just another thing comedians and people can bash on. Give it up boo.

AJG13

She is horrible... can't sing... makes me ears bleed. She needs to GO AWAY.

Carl

Good luck with that...

Bubbles The Chimp

Yes. A 'smash hit' just like Crazy Frog. Annoying.

5-Song album deal? LOL!!! That isn't an 'album', that is an 'EP' of rubbish music. I bet one of those 5 songs is a remix or something more annoying than the actual 'Friday' song.

Black Becky

At least the chocolate rain guy-Tay Zonday can play an instrument and write his own music. Also, his song has an important message behind it unlike that dumbazz friday song.

jus-sayin