« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Batista -- My MMA Deal Is DEAD!

4/25/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ex-WWE superstar Batista WON'T be crushing anyone's face in an MMA ring anytime soon -- because the human freak show says his deal with Strikeforce is officially kaput.042511_batista_still_v2

The 6'6", 290-pounder was lumbering through LAX this weekend when he explained that his deal fell through the cracks when the UFC bought out Strikeforce before they could schedule his first fight.

Batista told our guy he's "real disappointed" with the way things turned out ... adding, "I really had my heart set on Strikeforce."

Bummer.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

salvador isorena

The wrestling world will be happy seeing BATISTA's return to WWE.It is there where the action and thrills are. Come on DAVE! Make all your fans happy. I think the mess can be resolved, isn't it?

elyaas

@john wwe is not fake it is scripted

Valstann

a fight is a fight ..and btw ..ufc is a much bigger venue..
go fight there

richard

Wonder why he can't " set his heart " on UFC ? Guess they didn't / don't want him ! Oh well, he can continue making millions in that theatrical show called WWE ! Maybe UFC don't want to be forced to match him up with Lestner in a " proper " fight !

Tim

he was never gonna fight for strikeforce or any other promotion

cus he CANT PASS THE PISS TEST

CriticAl

So talk to the UFC. Dana is willing to sign any kind of circus act nowadays. Lesnar had barely any experience when he joined. He was willing to sign Charlie Sheen vs. Chuck Lorre, for Christ's sake.

Kirik

"Wrestling is storytelling." ~ Dave Batista, The Sun(UK), October 14 2005

Andre R.

Dave may be a decent *pretend* fighter, and his power moves look pretty cool, but I dont think he would have ever gone anywhere in MMA. There's his age, for one thing, he's no spring chicken, as the saying goes. Plus, unlike John Cena, who is very strong in relation to his size, Batista is actually quite weak for a man of his size. And then there are the 'Roid Rumors!

But I do agree that he should come back to WWE and dominate Cena in a feud. Maybe they could even have him defeat the Undertaker one more time before he leaves wrestling for good. As for Edge, well, injuries have forced him to "retire", and I dont know how long that will last, but I would have loved to see Dave totally clean Edge's clock in one last match!

Michelle

I worked with his ex wife before he got fame. She is a total sweetheart. I wish you all the blessings in the world, miss you A

RFC Safari guide

Margie

I hated to see Bastista leave wwe. Wish he would come back. You are very good, and a very hndsome man. we miss you.

Alex

The UFC didn't buy Strikeforce, Zuffa did.

jalen rumph

i already knew that batista would not make it to the mma because he is the true 6 time world champion in wwe so he is the wwe thats his name WWE if he return to crowd would probably go nuts but then he fake because he said he said he wont return to wwe anymore he would be in mma but if he does return to the wwe i wouldn't be excited i wouldnt want him to win a 7th world championship because he turned his back on his fans back in 2009 and he stayed dirty if he quit wwe then dont return to the wwe stay hopeless and spokeless with no career i dont want batista to return to wwe because he is a true coward and a liar and if he does return if he is on the good side then if he say he loves his fans don't F****** believe let his A** stay with out a career and this goes out to the 42 year old David Michael Bautista Jr.

Jack

Check out this awesome new blog at http://www.sanctionedmobile.com/

There's an awesome new Android phone from TapouT

andre`

He is so damn hot!!! Damn I want him. Please come and get me. Batista is the best.

AlyKat

No matter what happens I can guarantee Bautista will be somewhere. He's too determined and competitive to let any setback keep him down. The spotlight needs him as much as he needs it. WWE, MMA, Movies, wherever, you just keep on pressing Big Daddy!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments