Meredith Vieira -- Leaving 'Today'

4/28/2011 3:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meredith Vieira is stepping down from her gig as co-host of the "Today" show on NBC ... this according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Meredith Vieira Leaving Today Show

Vieira will reportedly remain on the show until June --- nearly 3 months before the end of her contract.

According to the report, Vieira will be replaced by newsreader Ann Curry ... and correspondent Natalie Morales will be bumped up to Curry's old spot.

As TMZ first reported, Vieira -- who took the gig next to Matt Lauer in 2006 -- wanted off the show for a while because she hated the early hours, has a husband who is ill and she's making plenty of money doing her syndicated game show, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."

Carl

Is your spell check broken, or are you trying to seem cool with the internet kids by spelling "the" as "teh"?

Squire

Ann Curry? UGH! I'll be rethinking the Today show.

david

Could you get a worst picture of her or what???

iz

she needs some botox to that mug of hers stat !!!

chris

HELLO CBS!

jw

furst and teh?

LoveKim

Gawd! What a wrinkled witch. She sucks anyway Ann Curry should be promoted to her job.

Robin

@Squire:

I too will be rethinking the Today show. Ann Curry is horrific!!

Lisa

Ann Curry is a huge mistake!! She ALWAYS talks over whoever she is interviewing and she cannot think fast on her feet when the interview strays from her scripted questions. I will have to switch to Good Morning America after 30 years.

hotbitch

She is BEAT for 57. Talk about great lighting.

acorn

Her husban is disabled, not always ill. And she does not "need Botox," she needs you to look in your own mirror and leave her the eff alone.

Lori

WELL...I was going to comment that as soon as she "stepped down from NBC" That she step on in to a Plastic Surgeons office...but then you go and remind me of her SERIOUSLY ill husband!.

I know, I know, I'm a bad person.

bb

I love Meredith, but can understand if she wants to take more time for her personal life. I'm sure Ann's a nice person and all, but I agree with Lisa, and if true, I will be switching the channel.

Patty

Too bad - Ann Curry is nice, but she's not a news woman and certainly not at the same level as Viera. I can't imagine a worse replacement for Meredith.

His Prince Michael

I know it's television, but, I've always respected her.
She earned her success the old fashioned way: Worked for it.
Indeed, her husband (and family)are blessed to have such a decent
and lovely-lady, like Meredith.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments