Richie Sambora Will Go to Rehab -- Again

4/28/2011 6:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Richie Sambora will be checking into rehab, sources confirm with TMZ.

0426_richie_sambora_EXD_Getty_01

We're told Richie has fallen off the wagon, and Richie made the decision yesterday to enter rehab.  We're told he has not checked in yet, but the plan is that he will enter shortly - possibly today.

Sambora has been struggling with substance abuse for years.  He checked into Cirque Lodge in Utah back in 2007, and again at the UCLA Medical Center that same year.

Sambora pled no contest in 2008 to DUI after getting popped in Laguna Beach with his daughter in the car.  Richie just got off probation last week for that offense.

Sambora has a concert scheduled with Bon Jovi on April 30 in New Orleans.  No word on whether the show will go on.

Elle0375

Take Charlie with you, he needs help too.

PhilipMarkum

This is pretty cool because he's going voluntarily and not because he's in trouble with the law or out of money after pawning a watch or stereo.

writenow

People who need to go to rehab - aren't serious. If they want to stop, they do.

electriczipper

he is a loser and needs to fall off the earth

DE

rehab for eating ? ? the bloated tic

artie help

this fat wop needs to chill, he's ****ing around with other peeps wife's and **** no good brother, you reap what you sow, my fat bloated friend.

justsaying

Artie Artie Artie. It's nice to know that you are soooo much better than Italians. You frigging idiot.

timmy

he needs a rest. he's working way too much. he should hang out with his daughter and friends and just relax.

??

Good for him, I hope he gets the help he needs and continues to make great music for many years to come.

Anon.

Geez, the band has been on a 4+ week break and he waits until the day before the tour resumes to go to rehab? It has been obvious that he has been drinking too much again for a while. Thanks Richie.

artie help

@ jst saying, you suck you moron, what a snarky bitchy comment, and yes I am better than the guineas.

Jackie

Please do that...coz ain't gonna lose my money for the concert ticket i bought....Hurry up and get back on the road.

Sandra

What a train wreck!!!

anne

Why don't you just set this story to run automatically every month or every quarter? It will always be factual and will save a lot of money in reportage. And by the way, TMZ obviously doesn't monitor these comments as evidenced by the advertising from above trashy on-line stores. Disgusting and lowers the credibility of the site.

NotBlowingSmoke

If Richie needs rehab to get himself together, then I hope he does it and that it works for him. I plan on attending the Jazz Festival this weekend so I am hoping the band will perform. I would hate to not get the chance after I have shelled out so much money for my trip, but if life has taught me anything it's that you have to expect the unexpected. Get well soon Richie.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments