Lindsay to Plead No Contest to Theft

4/30/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan will plead no contest to the misdemeanor theft charge she faces over that pesky necklace ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

0429_lindsay_lohan_no_contest_tmz_ex
We're told Lindsay is committed to what she told Jay Leno this week -- that she wants to accept responsibility and move on with her life.

So Lindsay and her lawyer, Shawn Holley, will go back to Judge Stephanie Sautner as early as next week to enter the plea.

Lindsay has already been sentenced to 120 days in jail for the probation violation, along with 480 hours of community service. Sources tell us Lindsay and her lawyer are banking on Judge Sautner not adding additional time on the theft charge. In other words, when Lindsay serves her 120-day sentence, that would be the end of it.  And sources familiar with the case say that would be a routine disposition.

L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ his rough calculation is that Lindsay would serve three weeks, although there are variables to that.

We're also told the L.A. County District Attorney is inclined to give the case to the L.A. City Attorney, since the D.A. typically prosecutes felonies and the case is now a misdemeanor.  But now that Lindsay will plead no contest, it doesn't make a lot of sense for the D.A. to kick the case to the City Attorney.

Holley could not be reached for comment.

mannequin

So she stole the necklace, and denied doing so.
She hires a lawyer to get her off the charges, because she's "innocent".
She professes her innocence by saying she'll go to trial.
After charge is reduced to misdemeanor, she changes her mind and says that justice was served.
She pleads no contest to avoid the chance of prosecution arguing for a felony, or a jury trial by honest people.
She claims to be ready to accept responsibility, on her own terms aka reduced sentence.
None of those actions are the actions of an ethical person. All her actions demonstrate is that she has the money to buy a first rate lawyer.
She's a thief and she is of despicable character. May she wither away in a dark alley with with no paparazzi.

Blood Red Witch

I HEART cartoon characters!!!

JeffTheFan

LiLo could be out in a matter of days, due to jail overcrowding. Unfortunately, Judge Sautner seems like a hard case, which could mean she'd still have to serve 120. Would the producers of the Gotti biopic be willing to wait...or find a way to fit the judge for cement overshoes? I'm just sayin'.

Blood Red Witch

Do the christian living spammers have COOKIES??? I do!!!

scott

she is a skanky mole

hezzer19

Blood Red Witch we have cookies? I want cookies!

We also have logic and massive amounts of humour. We are awesome. Notice I'm including myself in that we? Heh!

I'm sharing my cookies with jeebus.

Seeker, you're just an idiot. Any more stupid conspiracy theories you'd like to share?

sean

Harveys boyfriend 7 hours ago

I have to say sean called it on the last thread a few hours ago

The best prophet naturally is the best guesser, He that is most versed and studied in the matter that he guesses at for he has the most signs to guess by....

sean 13 hours ago

I'm telling you its been to quiet for a TMZ friday night.
Is this the calm before the storm....
I can feel it ............Lohan takes the plea !!!

nice to know.. I still got the *feel* of things to come..

Blood Red Witch

hezzer19, You can have all the cookies you want!!!

Rocky is thinking about it still. Rocky, I still have cookies!

LOL hezzer you go!

scott

she is a dog and deserves to rot in jail

Hot Farts

@Rocky about an hour ago At this point it's exactly what she should do. Linnocent!
----------------------------------
If you really want to support LL and gain the support of the public and the trust of her fans, allow her to take responsibility. She was in no way innocent when she did all of these crazy things. Let her grow up...she's running late on growing up.

It is clear she has not completely taken responsibility, hopefully she will at least come clean to herself...and drop the crappy attitude.

Its a beautiful day in 90291. Im gonna hit a cafe on the beach for coffee
I may stand alone here outside of the spin cretins, but I do hope LL is taking a baby step toward having a normal life.

I will not speculate but do know this, regardless of days she serves, she is theirs for at least the next 9 mos. If she finishes all this service and time before that I'll eat my words.

I said here before LL that if you admit what you have done you will win us over. You're not quite there yet...keep going. The more truthful you are the better your life will become. I hope you do and good things come to you as a result.

Janie

I'm not a Lindsay fan and it's fairly obvious she's in the wrong.

But legally, there's nothing for Lindsay to gain by pleading guilty. The so-called legal analysts at TMZ know this. They simply write this junk to incite their base.

You should be ashamed, Harvey. So much for TMZ Lawyer Friday "experts".

outsiderLookingIn

Good Morning! What a great start to the day! The truth finally comes out, even though everyone knew it from the beginning.

What a waste of California's time and MONEY! She definitely stole more money from California than she did from Kamofie.

She should be punished for that too.

Blood Red Witch

Hey sean, your fan, the seeker, thinks I have issues with you and called me a flake. He needs to get a clue.

How are you today. And yep you called it

Pimpcessa

Although it would be great if LL was really ready to accept responsibility, what is really going on is nothing more than good legal strategy from her very high priced attorney - nothing else.

And LL is not the smart one here, it's SCH. She maneuvered the sitch to get a reduction to a misdemeanor, and now she can plead no contest. I'm quite sure Holley knows it's a huge crap shoot to rely on the public jury to say that she is not guilty, considering her past antics and inability to accept any personal responsibility in addition to her obvious display of disgust of authority and the courts.

Don't get confused, she has not yet "seen the error of her ways".

Pimpcessa

@ outsiderLookingIn, correct me if I'm wrong but, doesn't Lindsay (as well as other criminals) have to pay court costs?

We are always seeing here on the net that people are concerned at the amount of money that gets spent on these court cases. And I have no idea how it works but I always thought that the criminals have to pay "court costs", which I assumed covers the cost of those expenses.

Does anyone know anything about this????????????