Jaden Smith

Multi-Million $$$ Pay Out for 'Karate Kid'

5/1/2011 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He's only 12 years old -- but last year, Jaden Smith pulled in SEVEN FIGURES to star in "Karate Kid" ... TMZ has learned.

0429_jaden_smith_EX_getty2

TMZ obtained Jaden's "KK" contract from June 2009 -- back when he was only 10 -- and according to the docs, his up-front fee was split into two installments ... one for $900,000 and one for $100,000.

But Jaden's back end deal was even more lucrative -- since the film topped $150 million in the domestic box office, the young actor locked down another $2 million bonus.

But $3 million is the bare minimum -- based on several additional in-contract perks AND the astronomical success of the film, Jaden likely pulled in even more.

He's still the poorest person in his family.

lilny007

1st!!!!!

Captain Obvious

lilny007 is #1

THIN LIZZY

Dude doesn't have any hair on his nuts, but he made more than most will in 4 lifetimes. Unreal.

Daybreaker

Isn't he special? We will all flock to see his next flick.

Hey, Angelina maybe you should adopt a kid like that!?

two cents

Wow. I'm sure the cult of $cientology will be thrilled as they'll be sure to get plenty of that money, too.
I can't stand that entire family and won't watch anything they participate in.

Superman

Not worth it. I haven't seen the movie, but I'm sure they could have found some other kid to play the role for a lot less. 'Entertainers' make way too much money...part of why the USA is in the toilet.

Jackie

No wonder most Americans are idiots. Please let your kids choose their careers than you making choices for them for your own gain. I am sure that kid doesn't know how many zeros are in a million.

J. Knepper

Funny isn't it? Easy Money. Set up the kid or maybe even kid's to have a celebrity status.

I feel like a fool to even answer this. But F it!

(Ready)?

Hopefully your kids have a better job than you. You can't sing or hold note worth a lick. But you get paid for a good pouty face.

Really?

Danielle

With the exception of Will, Jada and both the kids seem pretty arrogant and stuck up to me.

mike

It seems you morons have a problem with him making money. So is he suppose to do it for free? Or should he be limited to an amount because you morons just feel that way? No articles like this on the Olsen twins, Miley Cyrus or that Bever kid. Why single out Jaden?

J. Knepper

Sorry there is a link in my comment. I just typed the words of Easy and Money. Now it gets highlighted and linked.

Will exploited his kid's. He turned into a money grabbing anything.

His retort? They wanted to be like me.

BULL!

I can put my son into a movie, my girl can sing. Well Whoopty Do! Talk about someone setting their kids up into the failure of his singing.

Peace Out!

J. Knepper

@mike Moron's? YOu spent the time to type on this page. You logged into TMZ. Moron's? Really?

Money? I hope your comment was not directed at me.

You examples? Olsen Twins, Mylie, Bever.... How old are you? Are you a kid at heart?

Regardless of your mental throw back.

Just Remember this you arrogant arse... Your Mommy Loves You.

If you can get over that. You might come out of the closet.

Your comparison:

Might as well throw in Lady Gaga, and Yourself.

Have a good day.

rosh

Relatively speaking, this kid got completely ripped off and in all future contracts I hope he takes production companies to the cleaners.

Googie

The whole Smith family is arrogant. They all look like characters in Operating Xenu, a long long time ago 75 million years people from outer space came... and the Smith family is all that's left of them.

JoeP

Wow, a bunch of grown-ups pissed off because a 12 year old makes more money than you or your pathetic family will see in a lifetime. These entertainers make money because people PAY to see them. I'm sure one person didn't pay 150 million dollars to go see The Karate Kid. If you don't like how much money these people make, quit going to the movies, buying music, watching television, or listening to the radio because every time you do, you're making someone rich.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments