Ex-Playmate Dies -- Body In Mummified State

5/3/2011 1:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mummified remains of former Playboy Playmate Yvette Vickers were discovered in the model's L.A. area home this week ... and investigators believe the state of her body suggests she may have been dead for close to a year.

0503_Yvette_Vickers_pcn

82-year-old Vickers -- who famously starred in "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" -- was reportedly a recluse ... and neighbors say they hadn't seen her since last Summer.

A neighbor decided to inspect the house after noticing old letters and cob webs in Vickers' mailbox ... and noticed the model's badly decomposed remains in an upstairs room. The neighbor claims a small space heater was still running when she discovered the body.

Police say they are still investigating the cause of death -- but they do not suspect foul play.

RealityBites

How sad....

AynRandy

Who was paying her power bill?

j

Millions of seniors have no family or family that does not care for them. All around the country this happens that seniors die alone. Go visit senior homes and see how many have no one to visit. She just happened to be at her own home, so no one found her. Volunteer to be companion or repite care hospice worker voulunteer. This should not be. May she Rest in Paradise the Lord.

elle

this is very sad.....how lonely for her. must have had no family or friends to check on her and even no pets...truely sad. but I remember her from the movie. sad. so sad.

GEL

It's sad that this woman was obviously dead that long and NO ONE noticed. I have to wonder as well...who was paying the electric bill?! Someone was or it would have been cut off long ago. She also must have either owned the home, or was living in it rent free otherwise someone would have evicted/foreclosed on her. What a sad way to go.

GEL

I do suppose it's always possible that she had her bills automatically paid as many of us do...and at her age she most likely owned her home. Still so very sad that it took that long for her neighbors to even check on her.

guest

Very sad, unfortunately a lot of seniors isolate themselves. I have one in my neighborhood, I gave him my # and told him to call if he needs help, but they don't, and there is a thin line between invading someone's privacy and checking on them. He gave me his #, but advised me he does not answer his phone, keeps the shades drawn, etc. Very hard for someone to grow old alone, hope she didn't have any pets.

Heather

What about the mailman? Did he/she not notice that the mail was not being picked up and had not been held? Just goes to show that people should think of others more often. If you have elderly neighbors, check on them. If you don't see them for a few days, check in on them. They can easily fall. If nothing else, have the police do a welfare check. They do not mind doing this and even if the person was alright, better to err on the side of caution.

FreakHater

Man! this is wrong on alot of levels!! Mailman should be the first to notice is amuck! Neighbors, knowing she was up in age should have been more aware, and her family!!! Shame on them, I'm sure there are family members somewhere. I feel sad for her that there was no one there for her. I bet "family" will be there now looking to get there share of any money or estate she did have. I wouldn't give them squat!! Give it to Nursing Homes in the vicinity and use it to help other oldsters!! To heck with possible family.

FreakHater

People.com says she left no survivors. RIP Yvette

ClamWitch

Something fishy going on there.....

ketjo

Poor old soul, to be dead a yr and nobody even noticed she was gone........

What kind of neighborhood did she live in that somebody wouldn't have even wondered what happen to the old lady in the house next door ? Hell, as nosy as neighbors are in most neigborhoods they would notice if you don't appear every day , or get a new lawn chair , or come home late, or forget to set your garbage cans on the curb..etc .etc....
Hollywood is really a wierd town.......

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Wow, finally an interesting story! How in the world could someone be dead in their house for a year and no one noticed? That is so sad :( I wonder if findadeath.com will have more info?

agold

I want to know who makes that space heater. AWESOME.

hyperbole

You can have your bills on autopay and with suffient funds in the account they're paid from, it can go on for years.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments