Oksana DROPS Domestic Violence Claim Against Mel!

5/4/2011 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a shocking move in court today ... Oksana Grigorieva just dropped her domestic violence claim against Mel Gibson.

1122_oksana_mel_EX_tmz_2

Oksana's lawyer, Dan Horowitz, announced to Judge Scott Gordon ... they would no longer be pursuing the claim that Mel's alleged violence against her is grounds to change the custody order.

Mel's lawyer, Stephen Kolodny and the judge were visibly shocked.

Sources tell us ... Oksana dropped the domestic violence claim as a gesture -- extending an olive branch in an attempt to settle the custody case.

And the DV protective order Oksana obtained -- prohibiting Mel from contacting or harassing her -- has also been terminated.  Sources connected with Oksana say she would like to be able to communicate directly with Mel, rather than using intermediaries.  No word on whether Mel feels the same way -- though we're guessing not.
050411_oksana_girgorieva_v2_video
Horowitz did not say if Oksana is still pursuing a civil lawsuit against Mel.

fuddyduddy

Hello, LAR -- no, I haven't figured that tab out.

little aussie reader

lol kali. You'd almost pay to be one, wouldn't you? Oh, the things we could see and hear! For example, wouldn't you love to know why Bloom high-tailed it out of there?

little aussie reader

Hi fuddy - thanks. It's a mystery tab then.

fuddyduddy

Kali -- I would have loved to have seen Kolodny's face and Gordon's face in court today!!

kali

Oh indeedy do, I sure would! lol

Did you guys ever find out posters that have no profile by the way?

little aussie reader

"visibly shocked" conjures up a good image, but you're right fuddy, actually seeing them would have been much more funnerer. ;o)

little aussie reader

nope kali, at least I didn't. Not sure if anyone else knows.

fuddyduddy

I watched the video with this article and that's funny too. Notice that OG is driving Horowitz! Doesn't the attorney usually drive the client? OG is walking like she's mad. Not walking that slow shash-shay way when the cameras are rolling, and demurely replying, "I'm so sorry guys, I can't talk. I'm sorry --really--I can't talk."

little aussie reader

They did look pissed fuddy. I hope the judge gave them a good reaming. All this time and money wasted. It really is outrageous.

kali

I got sworn at and called names on a different post today and they didn't have a profile but I still reported them.

Why is she always driving?

fuddyduddy

I agree, LAR. It's been such a waste. DV has been her main argument all along, and then to go before the court and drop that argument and not give a reason...I don't think that sat well with the judge at all.

little aussie reader

kali less than a minute ago

.....Why is she always driving?
------------------------

Coz she's a control freak?

fuddyduddy

LOL, Kali! I don't know why she is always driving. And did you notice how she pulled out into the street and blocked traffic in the other lane? She couldn't get out of there fast enough.

little aussie reader

And why doesn't he ever open a door for her? Not very chivalrous.

fuddyduddy

That's right, LAR! Good catch!